Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Heya, I have just recently this week been pretty much screwed over by my school.
    I am in 6th form there and currently taking a-levels.
    Now, I decided to go there purely because I want to become a Paramedic and I was accepted to do Biology as one of the choices which would secure me with a science qualification for when I finally apply for a degree in Para science.

My problem is, they have taken me off the Biology a-level course because of some system error (grades wrong), and if I continue at 6th form I can no longer take paramedical science as I will have no science a-level.

What I am now questioning about, is I have looked at a College which allows me to eventually undertake paramedical science through an extended diploma, which I am considering doing and dropping 6th form.
    What I'd like to know is, in general is there absolutely no way I will have a chance of joining the college course this year? it is only 3 weeks in. I currently can't get hold of them on phone, but have left a message and would just like an insight.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    It would be helpful if you explained to us what exactly made them take you off biology. What sort of error?

Tell them to sort out the error is it was their fault. If you can't get through to them go to them in person make a fuss about it. If no one is their to talk say you want to talk to someone above them as their fault has caused you to miss out on 3 weeks of studying and a possibly messing your year up. Take any evidence with you of you being enrolled onto the course.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yeah I'd say you stand a better chance of arguing your way onto the Biology A Level at your 6th form. If it was their error then I can't see why they'd stop you? And three weeks worth of an A Level class is easily caught up upon - much more so than three weeks of a college course I'd have thought.

ReputationRep:
    It's the college I was on phone to, the school I had been taking Biology on have apologised and offered other a-level replacements, obviously no sciences though.

The reason was my Biology grade was high enough, (B) but they later realised my Chemistry grade wasn't high enough for their standards (C) so they didn't believe as the course progressed I would make it with an acceptable AS grade.

My deal is, do colleges ever take people in 3-4weeks in if I tried to enrol now? I have interviewed there already in the summer. But now I'm thinking, I'd probably have to enrol next September now, so it really, really well and truly screws me over.
    Had I not of been accepted to the Biology course in the first place I would already be in this college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaramelRose)
    Yeah I'd say you stand a better chance of arguing your way onto the Biology A Level at your 6th form. If it was their error then I can't see why they'd stop you? And three weeks worth of an A Level class is easily caught up upon - much more so than three weeks of a college course I'd have thought.
    Trust me on this, I sat there for a good 2 hours trying to convince them how they really just f'd me over, and used any influential technique I had to make them keep me on. They were having none of it. I have been kicked off already, in the matter of a day.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.