"Once open, consume within three days" Watch

xbethany
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Does anyone stick to this?

I have a jar of Asda Bolognese pasta sauce, will it be OK to eat after 5/6 days of being open (but kept in the fridge)?
alizasauras
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If it smells/looks ok, it should be fine
Helpful_Charlie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I always chuck the food away because I don't want to become ill after consuming something that can easily be replaced.
kuroshokora
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If it looks okay, and it's been kept in the fridge with the lid on, it should be fine. I wouldn't leave it longer than a week, though.
2ndClass
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
put it in the freezer to be extra safe
Emaemmaemily
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If it looks normal and smells normal it's fine. I don't tend to stick to dates much because you can always tell for yourself if something is off or not.
I keep those pasta sauce pots for a lot longer than 3 days... Sometimes a week or 2, and they are fine.
hellomoto170
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
pasta sauce contains what, tomatoes, oil, salt, and some other stuff... It seriously should not be going off after just 5-6 days in the fridge. especially if the lid was on it. Meat on the other hand, that is different... Just be careful
pedmond
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah so long as you keep it in the fridge you should be fine. If something is beginning a new life in the jar then throw it out though :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads