Turn on thread page Beta

Pregnancy scare! PLEASE help me. watch

Announcements

I'm posting this anonymously cos it's a bit of a touchy subject for me.

I started the pill in August when I first started my period, like you're usually told to. However in that week I was also on anti-biotics, so after me and my partner had had sex I used to morning after pill (just to be on the safe side) after that, period came fine etc.
    I've just come off of my second pack, so really, this is my first REAL month experiencing the pill. I took my last pill on Monday, it's now Friday and my period STILL hasn't come. I am worrying big time.
    My periods weren't really regular before the pill. Sometimes they'd be every month, sometimes every 2 months.
    Someone please help me and put my mind at rest!

ReputationRep:
    how about going out and getting a pregnancy test?
    you could also try using condoms when you're on antibiotics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry)
    how about going out and getting a pregnancy test?
    you could also try using condoms when you're on antibiotics
    I have, I've just been to the walk in clinic and they gave me a cup and tube to pee in. Told me to take it home and my nurse would be in contact... do you have any idea of when she'll contact me? I don't fancy my brother/dad answering the phone...

ReputationRep:
    I was actually thinking more of an off-the-shelf pregnancy test you could take yourself at home and get the results right there. I don't know how long it takes clinics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry)
    I was actually thinking more of an off-the-shelf pregnancy test you could take yourself at home and get the results right there. I don't know how long it takes clinics.
    Oh right I see, sorry. How much do they usually cost?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chimmycham)
    I don't know how much it costs in the UK, seeing as I live in the USA, but here they don't cost more than say $10-$15 at the most. The cheaper ones are one test only, the slightly more expensive ones are 3 packs.

ReputationRep:
    You can buy basic home pregnancy tests (usually supermarket own brands) from about £3.50, if you want a fancy one (i.e. a well-known, top brand) they start from about £7 usually. I'd recommend getting two in a pack so that you can check the accuracy with another test. You're best off taking the test first thing in the morning (when first weeing after sleep), or wait a minimum of 4 hours without urinating before testing (that way, if you are pregnant, there will be a high level of the pregnancy hormone in your urine for the test to pick up on). The supermarket own brands are just as good as long as you are using them after a late period not before (as you will be). Also, a doctor wouldn't tell your brother on the phone of your pregnancy test results or even that you had a test as it is against confidentiality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chimmycham)
    Two for a pound at Poundland...

ReputationRep:
    I've been on the pill for well over a year now and it's not unusual for me to just not get a period at all. It's probably nothing to worry about, your body is likely to behave very differently than it would have before you started taking the pill.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    (
    Sometimes in my break from the pill it takes 3 days to come on so I wouldnt worry about it too much. Its different with everyone!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.