The Student Room Group

Guys: what do you find attractive in a girl/lady/woman?

I have just broken up with my boyfriend of 5 years, although he has not said it to my face and we have had no contact since the break-up multiple mutual friends have told me that he's telling them he was no longer attracted to me despite us being intimate pretty much until the last week we were together and initiated by him. I don't really know what changed? What is seen as attractive now?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Being single, good-looking and fun I guess :awesome:
Reply 2
Someone who I can connect to and who understands me. I don't mind (within reason) too much on looks myself but that's just me. Some guys are shallow bellends.
Reply 3
i just don't understand what would make someone be attracted and then all of a sudden turn them off...
Reply 4
Hm, looks wise I guess cute, nice eyes, nice hair. If a girl smells nice it's always a bonus (I will not go near a girl that has BO or just generally smells bad).

Non physical things would be; good sense of humor, being generally a nice person, easy to talk to and be around and of course, similar interests.
Reply 5
attraction is holistic. People change, maybe he just didn't fancy you again. That doesn't mean you are deficient in any way, how can it?
Reply 6
My perfect girl would be the body of a girl with the mind of a boy.
Reply 7
eyes and lips

:borat:
Reply 8
Original post by j2s0n
My perfect girl would be the body of a girl with the mind of a boy.

howd you mean?
Original post by Anonymous
howd you mean?

Is it that difficult? Body of a hotty, mind of sex obsessed nutter.
Reply 10
actually he broke up with me but it was a very understanding break up i'd say even though i never really understood but i figured back off to uni throw myself into that! it just comes as news to me is all and apparently he is seeing someone else already after less than a month of such a long term relationship! i begin to think rebound but then i think don't be stupid he finished you...
Reply 11
Original post by PraxxtorCruel
Is it that difficult? Body of a hotty, mind of sex obsessed nutter.

kinda sounds like me tbh lmao
It could be a simple case of have you changed your make up styles, gone in to totally different type of clothing, changed your hair style? I have to admit it happened to me with a girl once.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by funsize17
kinda sounds like me tbh lmao

Your guy must be proud n happy.
Reply 14
Your guy must be proud n happy.

my guy broke up with me recently too...after 3 years :O
my guy broke up with me recently too...after 3 years :O

Don't tell me, same reason as OP?
Reply 16
It could be a simple case of have you changed your make up styles, gone in to totally different type of clothing, changed your hair style? I have to admit it happened to me with a girl once.

realli? i guess i have gained a few lbs since we first met but i was 15 at the time...my hair style hasn't realli changed much at all maybe a little bit longer and lighter although it has been all sorts of things during our relationship! how did it happen? she change her hair?
Original post by Anonymous
realli? i guess i have gained a few lbs since we first met but i was 15 at the time...my hair style hasn't realli changed much at all maybe a little bit longer and lighter although it has been all sorts of things during our relationship! how did it happen? she change her hair?

Yeah on the spot t'was the hair. Her previous hair style to that complimented her face so well, but when she decided to change it, it just looked so so I can't really describe it. But it somehow put me of. Luckily we weren't that deep into a relationship was more of a flirt here and there but we did like each other more than friends but that quickly ended with the new hair do.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18
Don't tell me, same reason as OP?

He didn't actually give a proper reason if i'm honest! He put me through hell for a week after telling me he was unsure he wanted to be with me before he actually broke up with me so i was quite relieved in a sense but he is shallow so yes i suspect he no longer found me attractive!
He didn't actually give a proper reason if i'm honest! He put me through hell for a week after telling me he was unsure he wanted to be with me before he actually broke up with me so i was quite relieved in a sense but he is shallow so yes i suspect he no longer found me attractive!

So how long you planning on staying single? :sexface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending