Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Last Chance)
    This is the hardest challenge for me so far, I'm finding Maths, Biology and Chemistry fairly straightforward but Physics on the other hand is not.

It's not the it's difficult or anything - I understand it all, but when say... diagrams aren't in the way I've learnt or there is a value missing which you're expected to spot quiet quickly, I just have a complete block.

Did my internal exams, probably AAAE next week.
    If you're doing well at maths and like sciences chances are you will find Physics fine, probably the reason behind you blanking in certain circumstances is due to a gap in your knowledge of the subjects so you should probably try go over some basic GCSE stuff and what you're doing in class at the moment.

Also, don't worry about internal exams - They are hardly related to the real thing. I know people who failed their internals yet two months later got pretty decent marks (As and Bs)

ReputationRep:
    Physics was one of my highest GCSE grades (%) funnily enough. :|

ReputationRep:
    The maths in physics will be a bit of a pain in the arse to learn unless you've done mechanics.

Try getting an AQA M1 revision guide and using that - I've found they explain things in a simpler way than physics books (which are always too wordy in my opinion).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Last Chance)
    This is the hardest challenge for me so far, I'm finding Maths, Biology and Chemistry fairly straightforward but Physics on the other hand is not.

It's not the it's difficult or anything - I understand it all, but when say... diagrams aren't in the way I've learnt or there is a value missing which you're expected to spot quiet quickly, I just have a complete block.

Did my internal exams, probably AAAE next week.

Any advice? Like for vector diagrams and those to do with moments.
    learn the concepts thoroughly, not just what the textbook (especially if you're doing AQA physics) says. If you properly understand it then you will be able to follow through whenever a question is asked in a different way.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.