Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    this is my take on things. at a young age (let's say below 25), the dating game is essentially guys manipulating girls for sex. this manipulation can come in lots of different forms. the most common form is guys getting into relationships with girls and 'loving' them so they can get sex. another form of manipulation is guys becoming friends with girls in the hope that somewhere down the line, they will be able to have sex with the girl. yet another form of manipulation is guys taking part in sport, working out at the gym, becoming a high status alpha male to indirectly manipulate girls into being attracted to the guy, so he will be able to have sex with them. looks will help of course. and as long as there are girls to be manipulated like this, there will exist guys to manipulate these girls. of course you may get the odd exception here and there, but this is the general pattern of things.

this is all there is to it at a young age. when you get older, things get different for most people. they want a true connection with someone who they can spend the rest of their life with. some people may get out of the 'manipulation phase' earlier than others and seek a proper, lasting relationship/marriage/family at a younger age than others (this is why the age of 25 is not entirely precise).

so do you people agree with my 'manipulation phase' theory? (you are either a manipulator or a manipulatee)

ReputationRep:
    all dating relationships are about manipulation.

ReputationRep:
    Actually all the whole dating game is women manipulating men by using their sexuality (and by that I mean their flange).

ReputationRep:
    A bit sexist here, since we all know girls want sex just as much as guys do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stopmessing)
    if this is true then why do so many girls search for true love, a loving relationship and hate casual sex with no emotional feelings?

ReputationRep:
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    after reading the first sentence I can quite honestly say you couldn't be more wrong. At least about me, i can't really speak for anyone else but the dating game for me is about meeting someone whom you can trust and just generally enjoy spending time with.

ReputationRep:
    I have to say that I agree with you to a certain extent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Movember)
    if this is true then why do so many girls search for true love, a loving relationship and hate casual sex with no emotional feelings?
    They don't hate casual sex with no emotional feelings... that's what they all secretly want/desire, but society will label them as sluts or whores just for having casual sex with a guy.

ReputationRep:
    This thread makes me angry.

ReputationRep:
    Why do so many guys search for true love, a loving relationship and hate casual sex with no emotional feelings?

ReputationRep:
    this is my take on things. at a young age (let's say below 25), the dating game is essentially guys manipulating girls for sex. this manipulation can come in lots of different forms. the most common form is guys getting into relationships with girls and 'loving' them so they can get sex. another form of manipulation is guys becoming friends with girls in the hope that somewhere down the line, they will be able to have sex with the girl. yet another form of manipulation is guys taking part in sport, working out at the gym, becoming a high status alpha male to indirectly manipulate girls into being attracted to the guy, so he will be able to have sex with them. looks will help of course. and as long as there are girls to be manipulated like this, there will exist guys to manipulate these girls. of course you may get the odd exception here and there, but this is the general pattern of things.

this is all there is to it at a young age. when you get older, things get different for most people. they want a true connection with someone who they can spend the rest of their life with. some people may get out of the 'manipulation phase' earlier than others and seek a proper, lasting relationship/marriage/family at a younger age than others (this is why the age of 25 is not entirely precise).

so do you people agree with my 'manipulation phase' theory? (you are either a manipulator or a manipulatee)
    i see your point. but beyond age 25 - 30, i disagree that men are looking for a serious loving relationship. rather, they feel society's pressure to get married, get a house and have children or else be labelled 'the gay' or the only single one at a wedding. so they look for any decent girl fitting the criteria, bung a ring on her after 8 or so months, meanwhile they desperately try to upgrade whiel planning a wedding. they arent in love.

ReputationRep:
    From my Uni experience most of the girls I hook up with inform me pretty early on that they dont want anything serious and just want to have fun. At least the girls in my social circle and the places I frequent for social events are not looking for serious relationships but still want sex so I dont feel manipulative.

ReputationRep:
    So? The OP's argument never disputes this fact.

ReputationRep:
    Because they don't want to be labelled as sluts.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.