NUS Card - Apple Student Discount? Watch

Moh_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi guys (and gals ),

I'm buying a new MacBook Pro once I've sold my replacement one. I plan on buying it online from the Education store so I save a fair bit. But I was looking at the NUS website and it says that there is a 15% off Mac products with Apple Education with an NUS card.

Is this on top of the Education discount? Or just normal prices only?

Link to NUS offer: http://www.nus.org.uk/en/NUS-Extra/D...tion-Discount/

Thanks
machanic
aj-star
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I just bought one!
It's 15% off the £1000 price tag- so it's £849. BUT you get a wireless printer for £20 (very useful...I have enough cords with ipod cables and cameras and things anyway!) and a £65 itunes voucher which I spent on some software
Oh, and I got the 3 year warranty for £49- so full protection for my degree!
Hope that helps!
Currrrtisssss
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No way they'll do 30% off really the NUS card is essentially student discount card but Apple will except uni ID rather than just an NUS card like some shops.

£927 gets you the bottom spec 13" MBP, black case and 3 years Applecare, can't complain at all! 100% reccommend getting a case to protect it!
stanmoor
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wait till end of the week - there's an Apple event on Tuesday and there's a slight chance they may announce upgrades. I know it's an iPod/iPhone event, but waiting 2 days ain't gonna kill you is it?
stanmoor
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aj-star)
I just bought one!
It's 15% off the £1000 price tag- so it's £849. BUT you get a wireless printer for £20 (very useful...I have enough cords with ipod cables and cameras and things anyway!) and a £65 itunes voucher which I spent on some software
Hope that helps!
The 3 year warranty is actually free for students when you buy online. Paying £49 just gives you additional telephone support!!
aj-star
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by stanmoor)
The 3 year warranty is actually free for students when you buy online. Paying £49 just gives you additional telephone support!!
ahh really? i bought in store- more exciting that way! i know i get replacement parts like chargers as and when though for free, which is something the student warranty doesn't have apparently...?
Moh_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by aj-star)
I just bought one!
Hope that helps!
Congrats I'm actually getting a 13" MacBook Pro for free as a replacement to my old one, as the old one had too many problems and would cost them too much to repair. I'll be selling it as soon as I get it to get a bigger screen MBP + free warranty as mentioned below, as I need it to work more efficiently.

And yeah, when I got my first Mac, they had that offer but with an iPod touch instead of a card, but it seems I'm too late this year.

(Original post by Currrrtisssss)
No way they'll do 30% off really the NUS card is essentially student discount card but Apple will except uni ID rather than just an NUS card like some shops.

£927 gets you the bottom spec 13" MBP, black case and 3 years Applecare, can't complain at all! 100% reccommend getting a case to protect it!
My brother has a Uni ID card, would that work?

(Original post by stanmoor)
Wait till end of the week - there's an Apple event on Tuesday and there's a slight chance they may announce upgrades. I know it's an iPod/iPhone event, but waiting 2 days ain't gonna kill you is it?
Doubtful they'll update the Mac this year, but either way, I'm selling my new replacement as soon as I get it, so hopefully if they have refreshed, I'll get the refreshed one
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (281)
45.03%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (188)
30.13%
I don't have an opinion (155)
24.84%

Watched Threads