Turn on thread page Beta

Anon 'cos this is embarrassing.

I can't communicate what-so-ever. I can't start conversations nor can I maintain them. I can have interesting, in depth conversations with my Mum, three best friends and one of my brothers. Everyone else I struggle to have conversations with (even my Dad and other two brothers). I don't know what to do, I feel so boring because I can't talk to people.

I can never participate in a group conversation, I just stand there and listen like a creep.

I'm a 16 year old girl and I've just started college and this is really evident now I'm on my own in lessons and I need to make new friends. I've been there nearly four weeks and people have formed groups, know eachother (even if it's just vaguely) whereas I talk to one or two people in the class and then just stick with them.

Help.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.