Turn on thread page Beta

Best makeup products to buy! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So i have £30 to spend on make up and was wondering what the best make up to get with it was.
    I like my lip and eye stuff mainly rather than foundation so what are all your favourite products that you would say are worth buying?
    thanks

also i can only get the makeup from boots

ReputationRep:
    Urban Decay Naked palette- incredibly versatile and great quality, although not the best choice if you want something a bit more 'special'

ReputationRep:
    Ditto to Urban Decay naked pallette. The colours are so pigmented and gorgeous, they're great for everyday use and can be layered for an evening effect. Revlon is a great drugstore brand for lipsticks. I'd go with Maybelline or Maxfactor 2000 calorie for a decent mascara.

ReputationRep:
    Victoria Jackson Cosmetics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halii_94)
    So i have £30 to spend on make up and was wondering what the best make up to get with it was.
    I like my lip and eye stuff mainly rather than foundation so what are all your favourite products that you would say are worth buying?
    thanks

also i can only get the makeup from boots
    MMMMMMM'KAY I have wasted much time AND much moneys on make up, so Im going to go off on one on this post, however these are les produits that I REALLY REALLY RECOMMENDZ to you....after trying the majority of brands from L'oreal to Lancome to La prairie. I hope you find it useful :teeth:

OK MOST IMPORTANTLY MASCARAAA:

This is flipping awesome and even better than Lancome Hypnose which is 3 times the price. If you have extra monies Dior Show is the BEST one, but this is a close secomd.

LIQUID LINER:

This is excellente! The brush is thin so creates a great cat eye, but not so thin its impossible to use PLUSSS the new ones are pigmented, with green for green eyes, blue for blue and purple for brown eyes. They are still black liners but add a bit of shimmer.

KOHL PENCIL

That little brush thing the opposite endto the pencil (not sure what the hell its called...sorry) is useful for dabbing in black eyeshadow and going over your eyeliner in the corners to darken.

EYESHADOWS:

These colours are great to do a smokey eye with and will work for any colour eye. The Rimmel quads are really good for blending and multitonal effects. The one you chose will depend on your eye colour, but mine are green and the pallette of greens is lovely. If you use the blending thing you get on the end of a L'oreal kohl pencil , dab it into the black and thicken out your cat eye created with your liquid liner, just on the end....it makes it look softer and smokier/sexier

GLOSS:

This really plumps the lips...(watch out Angelina :ninja:) and as I prefer a pinky/clear gloss to lipstick I love this, it also stays on quite a long time. You do obviously have to reapply, but it doesnt get crusty and tacky around the corners of the mouth after wearing for a long time as some that I have tried do.

I also really like these for a night out but find they are a bit BLING BLING forthe day:

The pink is great for blondes, the burnt orange is great for tanned brunettes...and the red is great forboth.Ive not tried the other shades.

There are only 2 things,that I wouldnt buy from boots...and they are 1) foundation 2) eyebrow pencil

Im including them just in case.

I CANNOT RECOMMEND ENOUGH Lancome Teint Miracle

...it is rumoured this is the foundation Kate Middleton uses. I have tried Mac, smashbox, Christian Dior,Clarins, Estee Lauder, Bobbi Brown, No7, Bodyshop and Guerlain... (thats the HONEST truth) and this is the best...if you are stuck for foundation, takea little pot and get the assistant to give you a sample.

Finally EYEBROW pencil....I love benefits eyebrow kit nothing comes close, its fantastic for filling in sparse brows, or making your arch appear higher with the highlighter.

I have however heard, the EYELURE brow kit which boots do stock is just asgood. I havent tried it myself but I have reliable sources, get me :ninja:

SUMMARY:

I really hope that helps anyone who is struggling buying make up can be a bit of a minefield...I always getso annoyed when I have wasted money on something that turns out to be ****.
    Any other q's please PM or quote me...

BYYYEEEEEE <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    Victoria Jackson Cosmetics.
    Hell no.

ReputationRep:
    the Urban Decay naked palette is wonderful, but only if you like the neutral coloured eyeshadows. It is incredibly beautiful, but it is mostly shades of gold/brown and shimmery nudes.

Best mascara ever IMO is L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes in Extra Black. The best eyeliner I have ever used is just the basic Rimmel Kohl one.

If you're looking for a good lipstick, that's something I would spend extra money on... I personally think the cheaper brands don't go on as well and they crack and dry out your lips. That could just be my own opinion, I haven't found one thus far and would always go to MAC for lipstick and lipgloss (their tinted lip conditioner is amazing, this aside).

Boots currently has at least in Ireland, a 3 for 2 offer on make up so if you're looking to buy it's a good time, you'll get a good lot of stuff free. Make sure you have your advantage card too to get all your points and free stuff!

In terms of good companies though, I personally like Bourjois and L'Oreal.

ReputationRep:
    sleek's eyeshadow palette's are really good!

STORM <3

ReputationRep:
    chanel or benefit mascara - amazingg!!

ReputationRep:
    I like Soap and Glory's Cheekmate. It's a cheek and lip stain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowDoll)
    I like Soap and Glory's Cheekmate. It's a cheek and lip stain.
    It became my handbag staple ever since I bought it :awesome: Its tiny enough to carry around, wouldn't spill, easy to apply and blend. I find it perfect to deepen my natural lip colour, so I wear it under lipgloss.

I second Bourjois in terms of quality- I love the Healthy Mix Serum foundation,its easy to blend and smells gorgeous.Its best for oilier skin types, I think. Their round pot blush is pretty and practical as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    It became my handbag staple ever since I bought it :awesome: Its tiny enough to carry around, wouldn't spill, easy to apply and blend. I find it perfect to deepen my natural lip colour, so I wear it under lipgloss.

I second Bourjois in terms of quality- I love the Healthy Mix Serum foundation,its easy to blend and smells gorgeous.Its best for oilier skin types, I think. Their round pot blush is pretty and practical as well
    Totally agree and a little goes such a long way too! I only use a tiny tiny drop because it's quite dark, so the tube lasts forever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowDoll)
    Totally agree and a little goes such a long way too! I only use a tiny tiny drop because it's quite dark, so the tube lasts forever.
    Exactly, it beats Benetint easily, as with Benetint I had to layer it several times to get it to show up on me. And I like gel consistency :yep:

ReputationRep:

Have you tried the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation? I bought this but the serum has much better reviews! If there's a big difference between the two I'll go and buy the serum, but if they're almost the same I'll just stick to the foundation...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11:11)
    Have you tried the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation? I bought this but the serum has much better reviews! If there's a big difference between the two I'll go and buy the serum, but if they're almost the same I'll just stick to the foundation...
    Well, I only bought the serum one, so can't comment, but when I tested the serum on my hand it seemed to be silkier to the touch, and somewhat less greasy. I think it suits oily to combination skin, because it gives a semi matte finish, and tends to highlight dry patches, so I use moisturiser beforehand. It blends very, very easily, although its very light, so won't cover major flaws. I also love the smell, although the two are similar. The packaging on serum is glass, so I like that, but the pump does get a bit messy, and you can't see how much you have used up.
    Hope this helps! I use mine everyday, and it only takes about 5 min to apply it, and it doesn't look cakey or orange. I think the tones in serum are somewhat paler and ashier than those on original.

ReputationRep:
    YSL Touche Éclat - It's pretty pricey but I have to say it's the best concealer I've ever used.

ReputationRep:
    Urban Decay naked pallette

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by semeleboesiger)
    Urban Decay naked pallette
    Have to agree tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I only bought the serum one, so can't comment, but when I tested the serum on my hand it seemed to be silkier to the touch, and somewhat less greasy. I think it suits oily to combination skin, because it gives a semi matte finish, and tends to highlight dry patches, so I use moisturiser beforehand. It blends very, very easily, although its very light, so won't cover major flaws. I also love the smell, although the two are similar. The packaging on serum is glass, so I like that, but the pump does get a bit messy, and you can't see how much you have used up.
    Hope this helps! I use mine everyday, and it only takes about 5 min to apply it, and it doesn't look cakey or orange. I think the tones in serum are somewhat paler and ashier than those on original.
    Ahh thanks! I may have to buy it next time I'm in Boots!

ReputationRep:
    I use the models own lip stain because i hate the stickyness of lipgloss! My mascara is the theyre real by benefit. My foundation is sephora, but i think mac is just as good. Concealer is clinique and my face powder is Jerome Alexander, it had colour pigments in it which i think is great!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.