Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    for the past two days I've had about 3-4 GIANT spiders in my room, They keep coming from behind my bed, but I've looked for a nest and can't find one. I'm terrified of them and I'm afraid of sleeping there.

How do I get rid of them, or stop them?

ReputationRep:
    Last night I heard a rustling noise and assumed there was a moth in my window. I flicked the light on and immediately saw something moving on the floor. It turns out the loud rustling was a rather sizable spider scuttling over a carrier bag. Ten seconds later it met its end underneath a ream of 2500 sheets of A4 paper.

I can't help you, but at least you aren't alone.

ReputationRep:
    every day or so .. sum female alwayss create new thread to do with spiders FFS just get used to them....

ReputationRep:
    i woke up the other night with a huge one in my lemsip

ReputationRep:
    I've had three of these in the past 24 hours- the kind that are actually too big to be caught in a glass without a leg getting trapped. Must just be a lot of them this year.

ReputationRep:
    im scared too!! i was in my room sitting on my chair when a big ass spider (almost the size of my palm) was sitting on my shoulder!! another one ran towards y sisters foot and theres been two more which i had to beg my dad to kill
    i hate spiders.

ReputationRep:
    I found 3 MAHUUUSIIVE spiders in my room last Saturday... I didn't go to sleep just wasted the rest of the night watching movies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cole2010)
    every day or so .. sum female alwayss create new thread to do with spiders FFS just get used to them....

I'm not scared of the littler ones it was fact these ones are GIANT, a good 2-3 inches long.

Stomping them with my size 11's doesn't stop more from coming.

ReputationRep:
    So far in my room i've seen about 3 spiders (only 1 of them was big though), what i believe to be woodlice (I've seen them in the kitchen as well) and these tiny fast centipede things.

I HATE SPIDERS!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Apparently you can get a plug in device that emits a sound (supersonic, obvs) that drives them away. Friend of mine swears by it, so have a look online for one.
    I wouldnt use a device like that is i done mind sharing my room with a few arachnids!

ReputationRep:
    i think ive heard conkers help? :s

ReputationRep:
    OMG! I had one too in my room the other day! It was making a pretty loud sound for something of it's size! It's eyes were like almost separated from the rest of it's body, right? Total daddy long legs?! I just kept cool and had an empty glass nearby, trapped it, slid a paper in it and threw it out the window. Despite it being terribly hot, I've been sleeping with the window closed since.

Close your window if you haven't already, I believe that how mine got in. I've seen another one downstairs quite some time ago. They're like those fatty ants that come out at summer, with some of them having wings. Only when it hot. Haven't seen any this year tbh.

Glad to know I'm not alone!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm paranoid now :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/h...p-spiders.html

ReputationRep:
    squish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PwnArtist)
    I'm not scared of the littler ones it was fact these ones are GIANT, a good 2-3 inches long.

Stomping them with my size 11's doesn't stop more from coming.

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOO???? :rolleyes:

oh btw size 11? :P

ReputationRep:
    Find some conkers and put them near any cracks where you think they might be entering. They hate conkers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cole2010)
    OH NOOOOOOOOOOOO???? :rolleyes:

oh btw size 11? :P
    Yes size 11.

ReputationRep:
    Just had one drop down in front of my face, from the ceiling as I went to close my blinds. I was okay once I saw what it was (even though it was gross!) but when it happened I screamed so loudly my flatmate came rushing in to see if I was okay.

ReputationRep:
    oh good lord you do realise no spider in the UK outside of a petshop or zoo cant hurt you right?

They wont harm you and they are good for getting rid of insects (which are still thriving fue to the weather) so bloody deal with it.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.