Turn on thread page Beta

Im on a mental health nursing placement and its not one that i really wanted to go on but i went anyway as its a requirement for the course. The thing is ive done nothing but have to control anxiety everyday ive been on long days and just felt ill all the time. I have 2 days off starting today and i can feel the exhastion from it. I hate it ive tried just getting through it ive 4 more weeks to do but ive developed irritable bowel syndrome. Ive never had this before in my life and i care about my health but at the same time am worried what my mentor will think if i go off sick, ive already had one day off. Im not going to get signed off if im off sick. I really want a different career but i thought id at least get to the end of the second year so i can quit with a foundation degree. I dont know what to do if i just quit i'l have nothing

any1

ReputationRep:
    you have to do it full stop.

ReputationRep:
    You need to put yourself first. If you're not happy and healthy, nothing you do will turn out perfectly. If you speak to your mentor with a evidence from your doctor I'm sure he/she will understand.
    Good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.