Turn on thread page Beta

I just don't know what to do anymore.

Everytime I try and speak up and try and make friends i'm just rejected and ignored all the time. It makes me wonder if there's any point in even living sometimes. I've been to the GP and all I got given were drugs. I haven't got the prescription yet, but I wonder how the hell will that get me friends? How it will make my life better.

I'm to the point where it makes me feel depressed when people just even bring up that they have a partner or whatever. Knowing that i've never or never will be happy or meet someone that is genuinely wants me or wants to actually spend the time of day with me.

Nobody gives a crap what I think and noone wants to listen to me. At uni when I join in conversations people just ignore me all the time. I'm left out of groups all the time. I've never felt as though I belong. Even basic stuff live conversations about random crap. When I tell my mother how I feel she doesn't want to hear it, my brother and sister aren't bothered and I haven't got any friends to talk to and I live on my own.

I don't even feel like going to work tomorrow. I'm sick of spending nights in on my own because i don't have any friends or anyone that even gives a ****. Every group i've joined I didn't fit in and nobody wanted to bother with me.

ReputationRep:
    OP, please feel free to PM me if you want to talk as I've been there SO MANY TIMES. I'm not sure anyone can say anything that will make you feel better - the only thing that's ever picked me up is developing new friendships and having people around me who boost my self esteem. Honestly I have been in your position and I could never have imagined my life would be as "positive" (for want of a better word) as it is now so please please know it can and will improve. You are not worthless, everyone is equally worthy of life and happiness and I can assure you you're not fundamentally flawed. In fact your lack of self confidence (and resulting bitterness/ cynicism at everything) is probably all that's holding you back.
    I know it's hard not to be angry when you feel like everyone hates you and you can't work out what you've ever done to deserve it. But you'll be okay and things will get better, I promise.

ReputationRep:
    Buy Fifa 12?

can't say i know how you're feeling, but try to be with people like minded that share the same interest, contact your friends or loved ones so youfeel appreciated, and good luck, please don't kill yourself, life is too precious and there is no reset button, i know loads of dead people who would die to have your life, because life is of so much value..if you wanna talk pm me

(Original post by London boy!)
    Buy Fifa 12?
    sold out in loads of places,i had to sneak through my window to get it last night

ReputationRep:
    But Mr.Hagelmayer. It's still not over...

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same place as you right now.. The only thing that gets me through is setting goals from time to time. So for example I'm trying to save as much money as possible so I can have a lump sum after uni to do what I want with. Anything is possible! Try think of the most obscure thing you want to do and there will be more obscure ways to meet people with low self esteem. Think about all the people that live in remote places or travel away by themselves...

ReputationRep:
    You should not stop going to work, this will make things worse. Going to work gives you something to do. Don’t think about tomorrow, just think about the moment. Go with the flow and do what you want (within reason). Don’t worry about what other people think, if they don’t like you so what, just think of them as a bunch of w**kers so far up their own backside that they’re going to end up in a gutter. Set yourself a goal which seems impossible and aim for it. People don’t like me; I get looked at all the time in a horrible way and get treated like a weirdo behind my back. I know one day i will be better than these people. Of course that may not be true, i could fail in life, but I am going to try to get where I want to go. These people that ignore you are not superhuman, they exist in life and have all there comforts like you. Take any of these away and they would end up in the same state as you find yourself in, of course it works the other way round as well. Just calm down and see things as they really are.

This response is going to be jumbled, but here goes.

Firstly, I think you need to develop a new outlook on life. I used to be quite depressed a year or two ago, but you need to look at life differently. Some people think life is terrible, however I think life is great. Life is beautiful, everything from the countryside, mountains, people, philosophy, music... everything. You just have to look at the world and what we have to see what humanity has done, and what your potential really is. So perhaps you're not very social or popular. So what? Should that stop you from going into life and experiencing everything you can? Of course not. Perhaps you won't be an annoying socialite who talks rubbish for a living, but you can do much more. Everyone is good at something, and I have no doubt that you are good at something too. Invest your time in it, become the best you can be, live, learn, love. Life is much too short to be wasted feeling depressed and unhappy, go out, explore, learn, we're only on this planet for a short time, you may as well make good use of the time you have.

Regarding your partner situation, it is unlikely that you will ever find a partner stuck in your house all day. You need to get out, enjoy yourself. Even if its something like going to the library, or just shopping, you might meet someone, you'll never know if you never leave the house. I believe there is someone for everyone, you might not have met them yet, but in the end I think you'll find the right person for you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.