HELP! dropping out before starting course. Watch

B104
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I really hope someone here can help me!
I am due to start uni in two days but due to family circumstances am
now staying at home and am going to reapply next year for 2012 entry at a local uni where the fees are the same for home students. I have no clue what happens in regards to student finance, do I have to pay anything for tuition fees or my maintenance loan and grant considering I will never actually start the course?! Also I have signed a accomodation agreement contract with the university about a month ago, does this mean I am obliged to pay for accomodation...?
Thanks in advance for any help!!! I'm so confused
insignificant
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You need to read your contract and contact the accommodation people, sometimes there are 14 day get out clauses. Along as you don't spend any money you can give it back.
B104
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by insignificant)
You need to read your contract and contact the accommodation people, sometimes there are 14 day get out clauses. Along as you don't spend any money you can give it back.
thanks for the reply! I shall definitely do that in the morning. if I don't actually enrol at the university (despite confirming my place on results day) does this mean that student finance may not cover me for the whole time of uni if I start next year as it is already activated or will the money just not go through to begin with? (sorry if that makes no sense) x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1411)
79.63%
Leave (361)
20.37%

Watched Threads