The Student Room Group

Mother 'sacrificed' daughter to Allah

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Rebellious-Steve
I'm sorry, but it was because of religion. Obviously her mental condition was part of the problem, but she never would have had such ideas if it wasn't for religion.

All religion should be abolished.

Yes? I simply said it was contributing factor, which if it was taken away this would have never happened.

Riiiiiiiiight...
typical mozlems if u ask me they r unfit for society just like christians and jews and any other religious/'spiritual' nut. have you ever heard of a jew giving to charity or have you ever heard of a jew ruling an unbiased media institute? NO.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Maccees
Riiiiiiiiight...

I don't particularly understand what you're getting at?
Original post by toastedtoast
typical mozlems if u ask me they r unfit for society just like christians and jews and any other religious/'spiritual' nut.

Not really.
Reply 24
That is irrelevant. When someone without any particular belief does something terrible, it's the fault of the human condition.

She was psychotic.

Shayma Ali, 36, who was suffering from psychosis

The first piece of description other than her age is telling us that she's psychotic. She was most likely a visionary due to her psychosis. This had nothing to do with her religion and everything to do with her mental illness. Don't try and delude yourself.
Reply 25
I don't particularly understand what you're getting at?

From the looks of your posts, you wouldn't :/
Reply 26
Original post by oo00oo
You can't have one without the other.

That's a totally original and hilarious joke.

/sarcasm
Original post by JordanR
She was psychotic.

The first piece of description other than her age is telling us that she's psychotic. She was most likely a visionary due to her psychosis. This had nothing to do with her religion and everything to do with her mental illness. Don't try and delude yourself.

Of course it did. If she had simply killed the child because she was told to by Santa Claus then I would say it was nothing to do with religion, but that isn't the case. Allah told her to kill her child. Of course it's to do with religion as well as her mental instability.
Original post by Maccees
From the looks of your posts, you wouldn't :/

Okay, care to explain?
Reply 29
Of course it did. If she had simply killed the child because she was told to by Santa Claus then I would say it was nothing to do with religion, but that isn't the case. Allah told her to kill her child. Of course it's to do with religion as well as her mental instability.

Psychosis is basically when someone loses all contact with reality. Just because Allah manifested Himself in her delusions/hallucinations, it doesn't mean it had anything to do with religion at all. You mentioned it yourself - it could've been Santa Claus that did it. Often people will project what they know most about.
Reply 30
Okay, care to explain?

Not really, I'm quite tired and you are obviously oblivious to the world around you, and what mental illness can actually make people do.

Anyway I'm off to bed, have fun...
Original post by Maccees
Not really, I'm quite tired and you are obviously oblivious to the world around you, and what mental illness can actually make people do.

Anyway I'm off to bed, have fun...

Urmm, okay?
Original post by Zuzuzu
Why even mention religion in the article, like? No relevance... Unless, of course, you're sane.

Ummm, she believed Islamic style demons were possessing her daughter. While I'm not saying that this is religion's fault I don't think you can possibly understand the incident without bringing the fact her mental instability was built around her family and religion.
Yes? I simply said it was contributing factor, which if it was taken away this would have never happened.

Mental Instability does not mean you go around killing people. You're simply more susceptible to irrational suggestion, a suggestion of which came from religion.

The fact she had a daughter was also a contributing factor, should we ban children?
Original post by big-bang-theory
The fact she had a daughter was also a contributing factor, should we ban children?

From people with mental disabilities, yes.
From people with mental disabilities, yes.

So when you said we should get rid of religion you meant only from people with mental disabilities then?
Original post by big-bang-theory
So when you said we should get rid of religion you meant only from people with mental disabilities then?

Anyone who is willing to do harm to another because of their belief should not be allowed the luxury of believing in anything.
Reply 37
Poor kid. :/
Original post by oo00oo
Most religious people are mentally unstable to some extent. How else could one convice themselves that there's a bearded man living in the sky, controlling our lives, constantly watching us, and communicating with us all simultaneously through telepathy of some description.

Lol and yet here i am not drooling on myself surprising with how mentally unstable i must be simply because i dont share your outlook on life i do apologise that my BELIEVES are not in line with yours and therefore i must be inherently be worth less then you as your opinion is both witty and fits in with the modern trend of atheism bashing all religions i will now take myself outside and do more illogical things that baffle though who obviously are far more intellectually superior...
Reply 39
Original post by oo00oo
It wasn't intended to be a joke, and I'm very aware it's not original (many great minds before me have held such a statement to be true).

We have to admit that nobody who describes themselves as religious has the authority to call anybody else 'mentally deranged'. I mean, come on guys, seriously?

Man I wouldn't even know where to begin with how ironically retarded this post is.

I could make an opposing post, but even if by some miraculous luck my response made you a little less ignorant, there are still millions like and worse than you, so I won't bother.

Peace Out

Quick Reply

Latest