Turn on thread page Beta

I lost 1 stone 2 years ago and I looked and felt amazing. This was partly due to smoking and going to the gym - I found that smoking motivated me to excercise. It's been a year since I've quit and I've lost all motivation. I'm so tempted to go and buy a pack of cigarettes but I don't know if I will regret it or if it will help. Should I do it to motivate myself again? Before I would only have one a day, if that.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    How many were you smoking before you quit?

I'm not a smoker, but the people I know that did give up have said even one more would put them back on a forty-a-day (or whatever) habit. So it might not be just one a day.

Carefully examine the reasons you gave up in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    nah, dont start brah smoking kills and not motivates.

ReputationRep:
    No, smoking is for smelly morons, don't be a smelly moron!

Do whatever you want, it's your life and you have your own rationale.

But I can tell you research shows that smoking is harmful for your health and also those around you. If you do smoke, please do it where nobody can breathe the smoke. Also, it makes your teeth yellow. Brush your teeth and tongue everytime you smoke, please.

Yeah and here's me trying to give up, :sigh:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.