Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone know the different road junctions-please help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    basically i'm taking my driving test in 2 weeks time :eek: and i wanted to clarify somthing what are the differennt road junctions and in which of these do you have to stop? for e.g i know if it's a T-road you have to stop and check before going.

thanks alot...please reply

ReputationRep:
    If there's a STOP sign or Solid Line across the road, you have to stop. If there's a GIVE WAY sign or broken line across the road, then you give way to other traffic. Exactly what it says on the tin...

It doesn't matter about the junction type.

ReputationRep:
    With all due respect, eyre, if you don't know this then you aren't ready for your test and certainly not ready to drive unsupervised on the roads.

Your instructor (assuming that one is involved) should be showing/teaching you all this.

ReputationRep:
    Assuming you've done your theory test (as the term 'driving test' would lead most to assume you're referring to the practical), then the above is evidence that the theory test has failed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost)
    Assuming you've done your theory test (as the term 'driving test' would lead most to assume you're referring to the practical), then the above is evidence that the theory test has failed.
    no actulally i passed 1st time

by using the wird clarify it's evidence to show i know it...but i just want to make it more clear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schleigg)
    If there's a STOP sign or Solid Line across the road, you have to stop. If there's a GIVE WAY sign or broken line across the road, then you give way to other traffic. Exactly what it says on the tin...

It doesn't matter about the junction type.
    ok thankyou would i stop to turn right on a cross road, or as long as theres no cars your way you could go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eyre2)
    basically i'm taking my driving test in 2 weeks time

(Original post by eyre2)
    no actulally i passed 1st time
    One of these is a lie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    One of these is a lie.
    i was talking about passing my theory test lol...look at previous post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eyre2)
    i was talking about passing my theory test lol...look at previous post
    Ah! I see. Sorry. Surely a theory test pass and practical lessons should mean that obvious stuff like this is second nature by now?

ReputationRep:
    One of these is a lie.
    I think the 1st time one was her theory, and the 'driving test' was the practical :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Ah! I see. Sorry. Surely a theory test pass and practical lessons should mean that obvious stuff like this is second nature by now?
    thats ok.

could everyone stop giving me grief just becasue i asked a 'dumb' question:cry:
    i just forgot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    I think the 1st time one was her theory, and the 'driving test' was the practical :yep:
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eyre2)
    ok thankyou would i stop to turn right on a cross road, or as long as theres no cars your way you could go?
    As I said, it depends on the sign. Whether it's a STOP or GIVE WAY.

As you would no doubt already know, if there are no cars coming on a GIVE WAY, then there is no need to stop...

ReputationRep:
    As I said, it depends on the sign. Whether it's a STOP or GIVE WAY.

As you would no doubt already know, if there are no cars coming on a GIVE WAY, then there is no need to stop...
    these no GIVE WAY on a cross road

ReputationRep:
    Are you saying there are no crossroads in the entire UK which have GIVE WAY signs on them?

ReputationRep:
    Are you saying there are no crossroads in the entire UK which have GIVE WAY signs on them?
    no i'm saying not all crossroads have give-way signs. there 2 different points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eyre2)
    OK, but as I said before, if there is a STOP sign, you must STOP. If there is a GIVE WAY sign then you give way. There aren't any other options...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eyre2)
    these no GIVE WAY on a cross road
    Then look at the lines on the road. Every time you go over a white line that means something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eyre2)
    There are some unmarked crossroads, if that's what you mean. No paint on the road, no signs showing the priority.

The idea is to use your common sense, and pass through the junction only when you can see that it is safe.

If two drivers are approaching an unmarked crossroads from different directions, and would collide in the junction if neither of them did anything about it, they have to sort it out between them to decide who goes first.

But even at junctions marked with either Give Way signs or even Stop signs, it is still everybody's responsibility to avoid a collision. There is no such thing as 'right of way'.

All this is explained in a little booklet called ' The Highway Code '.

Victor

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks victor and py

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 3, 2011
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.