Turn on thread page Beta

Feeling lonely, No flat mates watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I missed freshers week due to my visa coming late, Im pretty much doomed. All the groups seemed to be made, i try talking to a lot of people but it ends up a few mins conversation and no one invites me coming out with their friends. My flat mates are never there. I have been here since last 5 days and met barely a couple of people who i haven't seen again. When i walk pass other halls people seem to be chilling in the kitchen with their flat mates and there's no one in my kitchen. What do i do ?

I got friends in central London but none in my university.. Please help

ReputationRep:
    First of all, well done on being brave enough to study in a new country. It's a shame about freshers week and although you feel lonely now, friendship groups will change and you will meet people that you can be friends with. Try knocking on your flatmates doors when you hear movement and explain why you missed freshers. Some halls and flats just aren't as sociable as others unfortunately. Once the course really gets going, you'll make friends more easily. Find out about societies and make sure you join a few as you missed signing up last week. The meetings won't have started so you won't be an outsider and they are usually very welcoming anyway. The student union will give you details and will probably also have a society for people from your country. Good luck - I hope things work out for you soon.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.