Turn on thread page Beta

ok so I work out quite a bit though not as much as id like to and my mum keeps saying i have big arms. My arms are bigger than hers but she is overweight at the waist I tell her that its muscle and I want it because im training for sports etc. She says that I'l never get a bf and that lads hate muscle on girls she said they prefere fat lol. Im a small build (5ft) might not look it in pictures but i wouldnt say my arms look that muscly yet. Would you guys keep away from girls with big arms? I mean I wouldnt say mine were big compared to some girls but im not skinny and id like them muscly. My mums eems to think im odd though. Heres how big they are now i used a dvd/game so its easier to see the size..
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/259/ghf1.jpg

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4526/ghfyv.png

ReputationRep:
    They look a regular size :dontknow:

Now let's see those pec and glute muscles. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    She says that I'l never get a bf
    http://i55.tinypic.com/2hfnwis.png
    Reminded me of that ^ lol

Dw they are fine

ReputationRep:
    you're arms arent really muscly but i can see a little definition in the first pic

dont listen to your mum, not all guys dislike muscles on girls, some love them

keep going with your training

ReputationRep:
    I think your arms look great!

ReputationRep:
    Some damn fine things going on in that picture - arms included, I assure you.

ReputationRep:
    You look perfectly normal

ReputationRep:
    those are not big arms....

ReputationRep:
    Look normal to me..

ok well its just my mum then.

Why do people need assurance from the public? Just be confident about yourself and trust your own judgment!

(Original post by platorepublic)
    Why do people need assurance from the public? Just be confident about yourself and trust your own judgment!
    My own judgement is usually more positive than reality tho lol I tend to be happy with myself (until others put me down i got rated the least attractive at college for a psychology topic). When family start saying things though it makes you feel like they are being honest and trying to tell you something.

My own judgement is usually more positive than reality tho lol I tend to be happy with myself (until others put me down i got rated the least attractive at college for a psychology topic). When family start saying things though it makes you feel like they are being honest and trying to tell you something.
    Look. Since birth we were all born happy and beautiful.

And since the first time we were told we were wrong, we were hurt and learned nothing but perfection is good enough.

That is not how we were born to be though. We were hurt by our own intelligence and our quick adaptation skills. To learn quickly and adapt to the Dream that humanity created throughout our existence.

Wake up!

Just a thought. A psychology topic - maybe everyone got the same answer - the least attractive - to see how everyone responds to that? Just wondering...

ReputationRep:
    Your mum is ridiculous.....

(Original post by platorepublic)
    Just a thought. A psychology topic - maybe everyone got the same answer - the least attractive - to see how everyone responds to that? Just wondering...
    No we had to rate each other anonymously in a class, I got a string of 4's and two 5's everyone else were getting 7's an 8's.

It was facial attraction btw so not relevent to what im asking but some overweight girls got higher than me so weight musnt affect a face that much.

It was facial attraction btw so not relevent to what im asking but some overweight girls got higher than me so weight musnt affect a face that much.
    What's the point of the survey anyways?

You have bigger arms than me, and I'm a guy.

ReputationRep:
    You have bigger arms than me, and I'm a guy.
    That's not really something to brag about

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 4, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.