Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    xx

ReputationRep:
    I got predicted a B for politics despite being a single UMS mark from an A. I spoke to my personal tutor and he bypassed the politics tutor and directly changed my predicted grade via UCAS (in the reference section). Not sure my politics teacher ever found out!!

ReputationRep:
    It can be really annoying - not that it matters as much as your predicted grade but for my General Studies AS I got 194/200 and I have now been predicted a B at A2 :confused:

What I would point out is that
    a) AAB is not bad at all,
    b) Hopefully your tutor will write in your reference that they expect you to exceed your predicted grade,
    c) You have time. At my school, if we do well in assessments teachers are likely to raise the predicted grades.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    mine is the same with my physics teacher, I got a mid B and that was due to me being ill. I contacted the uni i'm applying to and they said I can send the evidence of my illness and they will accept the prediction of a B

Applying to imperial for EEE

ReputationRep:
    Just have a quiet word with the teacher about increasing the grade and ask if he has any advice to help ensure you get the A. According to a teacher I had, they get punished if people don't hit the target grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IB_19)
    Firstly, I would like to apologise to TSR users for creating a thread about predicted grades, as I am aware that these topics come up frequently. I suppose desperate times call for desperate measures. Also, to the moderators in case I've placed this in the wrong forum.

In my Economics lesson yesterday, I discovered that my teacher has given me a B for my predicted grade. I was almost certain that he said I would get an A. For History and Government and Politics my predicted grades are As. After the lesson I was feeling rather upset so I spoke to my university guidance tutor in the sixth form. She told me to apply for the top universities for Politics as they believe I am able. Afterwards, she said that she was shocked that I was given a B.

Even more annoyingly yesterday my Economics teacher said to me, "don't worry you can still apply to those universities". :mad: I truly doubt that he is fully aware of the extent of competition now. Beforehand he even said that he expects me to do very well in A2. :confused: So why on earth won't he given me an A? It really is no skin off of his nose. He will get paid regardless and I am not ruining the credibility of the school. Which has led me to believe that this is a personal matter and he must not like me.

Well after coming home from school yesterday feeling very disappointed, my parents called the school. He is yet to contact my mother back. Hopefully I can persuade the sixth form staff to have a word with him too.

I've been extremely worried about this. I need to shortlist universities this weekend and he has made this very difficult for me. If he honestly doesn't believe that I am capable of an A that would be fair enough and I would accept it. However, I work unbelievably hard and I want a good chance of being accepted into a good university.

Sorry for complaining a little bit. Does anyone else have a similar problem? Or if there has been anyone in previous years who had this issue? Have I done the right thing by asking my parents to call him and causing a bit of a fuss? I really don't want to settle for second best, especially as it is becoming more expensive.

Thanks in advance.

N.B. My AS grades were:
    Economics high B (predicted grade is B)
    History A (predicted grade is A)
    Government and Politics mid-high B (predicted grade is A).
    I was one UMS mark off an A in chemistry, and am getting predicted a B. I spoke to the teacher who said "I know you are capable of an A and you will probably get it if you keep up the amount of work you have been doing recently but I am still going to predict you a B". What really rubbed salt in the wound is when I found out somebody with a C got predicted an A. :mad:
    I came home and was really pissed off punched the wall and broke two fingers. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all of your replies...

(Original post by Peachz)
    I got predicted a B for politics despite being a single UMS mark from an A. I spoke to my personal tutor and he bypassed the politics tutor and directly changed my predicted grade via UCAS (in the reference section). Not sure my politics teacher ever found out!!
    Really? That's quite good to be honest, not sure that my school would do it though!

(Original post by Obsidian)
    It can be really annoying - not that it matters as much as your predicted grade but for my General Studies AS I got 194/200 and I have now been predicted a B at A2 :confused:

What I would point out is that
    a) AAB is not bad at all,
    b) Hopefully your tutor will write in your reference that they expect you to exceed your predicted grade,
    c) You have time. At my school, if we do well in assessments teachers are likely to raise the predicted grades.

Good luck!
    Thanks. We are doing quite a lot of practise questions at the moment in Economics. I've been doing quite well. But I just hope my parents convince him!

(Original post by jamiepango)
    "Miss please have a heart, I NEED this for university and if I don't get predicted an A I won't be able to go "

Got my B up to an A

Use all your persuasive skills and convince him to give you an A!

Good luck!
    Thanks. My parents will probably be better at persuading as I tend to back down. Fear of coming across as rude I suppose!

(Original post by singh224)
    mine is the same with my physics teacher, I got a mid B and that was due to me being ill. I contacted the uni i'm applying to and they said I can send the evidence of my illness and they will accept the prediction of a B

Applying to imperial for EEE
    Really? Good luck anyway.

(Original post by PendulumBoB)
    Just have a quiet word with the teacher about increasing the grade and ask if he has any advice to help ensure you get the A. According to a teacher I had, they get punished if people don't hit the target grades.
    Yes, I've heard that too. The thing is that having high predicted grades will motivate me. I don't want to deflect or sound harsh, but he is quite a lazy teacher. The A-Levels train us to get certain grades and this teacher won't "read" around the subject. I understand that it is up to us to do so though.

(Original post by Besakt)
    I was one UMS mark off an A in chemistry, and am getting predicted a B. I spoke to the teacher who said "I know you are capable of an A and you will probably get it if you keep up the amount of work you have been doing recently but I am still going to predict you a B". What really rubbed salt in the wound is when I found out somebody with a C got predicted an A. :mad:
    I came home and was really pissed off punched the wall and broke two fingers. :lol:
    It's annoying when they say that but won't change their mind!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IB_19)
    It's annoying when they say that but won't change their mind!
    Yeah, I'm on pretty good terms with my head of year who is writing my reference and he said not to worry as he will write in the reference that I am capable of getting an A.

ReputationRep:
    284 in Biology, and somehow predicted an A. Complained twice, has now been changed to an A/A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Besakt)

that's unbelivably unfair!!!!!!

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.