Certificate date question Watch

blonderedhead
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I completed my A-levels a couple of years ago. In one of the subjects I was two marks from an A so I stupidly decided to enter for a resit in one module in january. I was at uni at this point so my focus wasn't on it, and I ended up somehow getting the exact same mark. Annoyingly, on my certificate it says I achieved the A-level in january (even though my mark remained exactly the same), wheras all the others it says i achieved in june as normal.

On a ucas form could I put down i achieved it in June like my other results, as thats what my statement of results show and my mark didnt even change anyway. The exam board OCR don't replace or reproduce certificates (only a statement of results, which i have), so i can't have the date on my certificate changed.

Bit of a strange one. Any advice?
alibee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You have to put down what it says on your certificate sorry. In the eyes of the exam board, you achieved the qualification in January and it would be misleading to put down anything else.
L3mon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you resat the exam, you didn't cash in your marks to get your A-level in June. You resat the exam and was hence, awarded the qualification in January.
alibee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes because you didnt cash in the result in June.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?