Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I just wondering about the courses that I might need to take in university to be an IT teacher. The problem is that there are different courses like Comupting and Business Information technology degrees and then theres the Information technology BSc (hons which I have no clue to what it is. So I need someones advice on what I need in order to become a teacher in this particular subject area?

Thank you!
    :heart::heart::heart:

ReputationRep:
    Bachelor of Education (BEd)
    A degree in any IT + PGCE

There might be other ways.

ReputationRep:
    A Bsc in Computer science?

ReputationRep:
    You might want to consider doing a joint degree, e.g. with Maths. There's a lot more of a demand for Maths teachers than there is for IT teachers, so if you can teach a second subject, then you're more likely to be able to find a job at the end of it.

You could try looking at PGCE entry requirements, if you can find them. I've never looked, but there must be some information available.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I have only met a handful of ICT teachers who trained to teach the subject. Most trained to teach something else and just fell into it.

A Computing degree is more difficult and more highly respected than an ICT degree. Either route would be fine to gain entry to a PGCE ICT course however.

ReputationRep:
    who on earth wants to teach IT!?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.