Lush interview! Watch

Leahcar
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi As the title would suggest I have an interview at Lush on Monday! I'm just posting a wee thread to see if anyone has any pearls of wisdom to share? I'm epically nervous I eat sleep and breathe Lush (ok not literally, but I've been using it religiously for a couple of years) and I know everything about the products etc, I'm just really worried because I've not had that much experience with interviews and jobs before (I've had the same job for 3 years but had to leave to come to uni!) And plus, they're a really environmentally friendly company, I know something lke that's going to crop up and I'm worried I'll not be able to answer properly or something. I don't know, I can't even explain it lol!

If anyone's been to a Lush interview I'd really appreciate any advice you could give me thank you!

(neg? Really?)
perygl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've heard they do trial shift-type interviews which involve helping customers with products and the like (by the sound of things, you should be good at this ).

It may not be the same for your interview - it might just be a straightforward face-to-face interview. Just keep in mind why you like the products (they're environmentally friendly and don't they make vegetarian/vegan products?) and what you admire about the company (I find I get really good customer service there). That's on top of why you'd be perfect for the job, of course. (I'm sure you're good with customers and a fantastic team worker etc.)

Keep in mind that it may be none of the above but I think I covered a few things there.
AndIWasLike
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Leahcar)
Hi As the title would suggest I have an interview at Lush on Monday! I'm just posting a wee thread to see if anyone has any pearls of wisdom to share? I'm epically nervous I eat sleep and breathe Lush (ok not literally, but I've been using it religiously for a couple of years) and I know everything about the products etc, I'm just really worried because I've not had that much experience with interviews and jobs before (I've had the same job for 3 years but had to leave to come to uni!) And plus, they're a really environmentally friendly company, I know something lke that's going to crop up and I'm worried I'll not be able to answer properly or something. I don't know, I can't even explain it lol!

If anyone's been to a Lush interview I'd really appreciate any advice you could give me thank you!
how did ur interview go?
i had one last sunday and i have a floor trial on saturday!
Leahcar
Rep:
?
(Original post by AndIWasLike)
how did ur interview go?
i had one last sunday and i have a floor trial on saturday!
Toooootally thought I'd replied to this! :eek3: I do apologize! lol.
I never got the job I thought the interview went pretty well but obviously not well enough :lol: I'm quite quiet though, and all the Lush employees are quite, erm, shall we say outgoing? haha
How did your trial shift slash anything you may have done in the past two weeks go? hope you got the job! so you can tell me all about it lol
AndIWasLike
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Leahcar)
Toooootally thought I'd replied to this! :eek3: I do apologize! lol.
I never got the job I thought the interview went pretty well but obviously not well enough :lol: I'm quite quiet though, and all the Lush employees are quite, erm, shall we say outgoing? haha
How did your trial shift slash anything you may have done in the past two weeks go? hope you got the job! so you can tell me all about it lol
It went quite well. i was pretty nervous at first but as the time went on I got into it, and was giving demos and all of that.
But apparently I didn't do well enough bc I didn't get the job. They didn't even call me to let me know *******S. Even after I rang them the week after to let them know they hadn't gotten back to me yet. But I get the hint.
It was a new local branch too, and I'm too embarassed to go back there, so I guess i'll be going to the Carnaby st one from now on :rolleyes:

Just to let you know if ur still looking for jobs retailchoice is a good website, my friends got a few interviews from it
Leahcar
Rep:
?
(Original post by AndIWasLike)
It went quite well. i was pretty nervous at first but as the time went on I got into it, and was giving demos and all of that.
But apparently I didn't do well enough bc I didn't get the job. They didn't even call me to let me know *******S. Even after I rang them the week after to let them know they hadn't gotten back to me yet. But I get the hint.
It was a new local branch too, and I'm too embarassed to go back there, so I guess i'll be going to the Carnaby st one from now on :rolleyes:

Just to let you know if ur still looking for jobs retailchoice is a good website, my friends got a few interviews from it
Awwww boooo! That's not very nice you'd think they'd at lest tell you!
I'm sort of the same, I don't want to be going in all the time. I do go in every now and again but not half as much as what I used to! Although in saying that I am saving so much money :lol: I'll need to go in when my loan comes in though, I am in desperate need of a few things :o:

Thank you btw, will definitely be checking that website out!
hannahgill
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi!
MI had my first lush interview today. It was for a Christmas temp job but I'm sure it will be the same run of the mill interview for all types. I had to get there at 3 and it lasted till 4.30, I got there 10 minutes early and there were already a few there, I checked in and had a look around, it's a really, really small store so they took us to a meeting room on the other side of the shopping centre, there they had our posters (we had to send posters in instead of a CV) and they asked us to sit by them and explain them and us. The next bit was "what do you know about Lush" so the animal rights, gay rights etc came up, then we had a question given to us (they were all weird ones) mine was "describe your first pet" and some people had "who wa your favourite teacher" so they were looking for bubbly people with a lot of energy. Then we were given a product to demonstrate in a group of 4 and present to everyone, after that they explained the pay and the times, there were two girls running the interview and they were really caring and nice then afterwards they gave us a free soap which was really nice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (162)
26.78%
No (443)
73.22%

Watched Threads