The Student Room Group

does anyone NOT enjoy hot weather ?

Scroll to see replies

I've been to West Africa and experienced anywhere up to 48C, so this heat isn't too bad, its just the sheer humidity that does it for me.

I have a half hour walk to the station to get to Uni, 20 mins walk from the train station at the other end and it isn't nice for walking in.

Anyone who has experienced a class 142 train up North will know what its like to be slowly cooked on a sunny day, there's too many windows on them!
Original post by Coben

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

OMG i love scrubs :biggrin:
In the winter I always complain about how cold I am, but in the summer it's unbearable. I like the winter more. Having a blanket and some hot chocolate is so nice :smile:
Reply 204
I hope you lot are happy! The temp has dropped to 17 degrees where I am :colonhash:
Reply 205
Original post by mogambo
i hope you lot are happy! The temp has dropped to 17 degrees where i am :colonhash:

where are u ?
Reply 206
Original post by Coben
where are u ?

Bristol, for the moment.
I don't tbh my skin gets irritant by really hot weathers and I feel more stress in hot. I prefer winter much better.
Reply 208
I dislike the heat. Not hate, it just makes everything harder. I like the cold.
Reply 209
I don't care to be honest. I've been in hotter climates eg. 45 degrees
I complain now about the humidity and a lot of people will.

Just wait until its winter.

Last winter:
A single track road about 2 miles from where I live had a snowdrift of 6 foot that completely it blocked for 3 weeks.
My Dad attempted to get to work by train (as not a road over the Pennines was open) and found his train was cancelled due to a 3 foot of snow further down the line. He didn't work that week.
Places where I live were impossible to get in or out of. A town called Buxton, 5 miles from was cut off for a while.

With me commuting to Uni ths year, I seriously don't expect to have a fun winter. If any snow comes/my road is an ice-rink I'm not going anywhere unless I have to, I'd rather take a week off.

We'll all be calling for summer again very soon.
Reply 211
Last winter I drove with my father to go to the local Tescos, 12 miles away. It had snowed about a foot in the night, but he'd just come back from Norway and still had winter tyres on the Volvo.

Down one of the country lanes we came across 2 stationary cars and a third that was trying to turn round and had got stuck. There was a snowdrift across the road that had blown off the fields, maybe 3 or 4 feet deep. Because we had a shovel in the back (standard for Norway in winter) we dug through the snowdrift and reopened the road. We pushed the stuck guy back onto the tarmac and set off once again for Tescos.

When we got there, it was shut due to 'adverse weather conditions'.
Original post by ChapelTom

i for one wont
Reply 213
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
i for one wont

tinktinktinkerbell, have you been out today!!

Things are going back to normal!!

Original post by Coben
tinktinktinkerbell, have you been out today!!

Things are going back to normal!!

havnt been out today

im still in shorts and vest top

scrubs :biggrin:
I went out to my driving instructor's car, literally a 20 yard walk in jeans + t-shirt and froze!
Reply 216
Original post by ChapelTom
I complain now about the humidity and a lot of people will.

Just wait until its winter.

Certain people will be calling for summer again...BUT NOT ME THOUGHHH!!!!

Original post by Coben
Certain people will be calling for summer again...BUT NOT ME THOUGHHH!!!!

As long as I can walk to the train station or go out to a footie game or pub without A) Feel like I've been oven cooked or B) Fear my safety on icey pavements or C) Being soaked wet through then the weather is fine.
i prefer winter, good old winter

honestly
A good winter is one where I can take to the South Pennine hills (that I can see out my window!) for a walk in the snow and not have to worry about education for a week.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest