Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This story is from way back however, they're currently airing the whole documentary on Animal Planet. In this video the lady describes it as "a contradiction of nature". I remember a few years ago that a lioness (cannot remember if it's this one) adopted six calfs and actually mourned the death of her youngest when it was killed by male lion. What's your thoughts on this video? Personally I find it extraordinary that this predator is risking pride segregation and her own life. I really recommend that you watch these documentaries which are being broadcasted.

Here's a little clip- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD5bCNvAihU

ReputationRep:
    You may get better videos on here http://animal.discovery.com/videos/m...radiction.html

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    First the gays, now this...

*shakes head in disapproval.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imperial maniac)
    First the gays, now this...

*shakes head in disapproval.*
    I don't get your comment, how is it relevant to the thread?

Anyway, I've just found out this lioness stayed with the calf for 8 hours before letting it run to it's mother. The calf had just been born and was struggling to walk and if the lioness hadn't protected her the nearby Hyenas would've ate her. Once the mother acknowledged the lioness was protecting the calf she became less worried and stood down. The guys who followed this lioness realised she was doing this more often than they thought, she had adopted something like 7 calfs for small periods of time after the were born to protect them from other predators. Nobody is sure why she's doing this however, it's been stated that the lioness could've lost her young to predators and thus was trying to help other mothers.

The lioness has been named 'the blessed one'.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.