The Student Room Group

Choices, Do I need a lower entry Uni?

Ok, I've posted before for a different question :P But this is related to my choices, and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ok, AS Results are as Follows

B - Maths (A, B & C in modules, resitting C)
B - Economics ( A & C in modules, resitting C)
C- Geography (A & C in modules, resitting C, 2 UMS off B overall)
C - Business (A & C in modules, resitting C, self-taught too)
C - Critical Thinking ( B & C in modules)

Predicted A2 results
B - Maths
A - Economics
A - Geography
B - Business

& Also doing an EPQ, which I'm aiming for A*/A

I have a strong personal statement, and here are the Universities i am considering for MANAGEMENT/BUSINESS&MANAGEMENT:

Nottingham - AAB
Manchester - AAB
Reading - AAB
Leicester - ABB
Durham - ABB

Do I need to add a lower entry one? I.e. BBB? Which should I swap it for?

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
If you have good references and a good PS, no, you should be fine.

EDIT: I meant assuming you can achieve the grades (which you should be able to since you managed to get modular As before). If you're asking because you want to have a secure offer, then what I said above applies. I had BBB at AS, a great PS and excellent references and got an AAA offer, so don't fret :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Dr_Alchem
If you have good references and a good PS, no, you should be fine.

EDIT: I meant assuming you can achieve the grades (which you should be able to since you managed to get modular As before). If you're asking because you want to have a secure offer, then what I said above applies. I had BBB at AS, a great PS and excellent references and got an AAA offer, so don't fret :smile:

Thanks for your help, also, a couple of other questions for you or anyone else that can help me :P

On the employment part of the application, shall I add the business that I run, and put that I was director? Or will this make me sound like an arrogant b*tch? Because even though I was self-employed, it's not the same is it?

Also, I've added all my AS achieved grades, and I am resitting 4 as mentioned in the opening post, so do I need to add 3 'qualifications' for each subject? (An achieved AS, a resitting 'pending' AS, and a pending A2?)

Thank you for any help in advance :colondollar:
Original post by Sophie1805
Ok, I've posted before for a different question :P But this is related to my choices, and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ok, AS Results are as Follows

B - Maths (A, B & C in modules, resitting C)
B - Economics ( A & C in modules, resitting C)
C- Geography (A & C in modules, resitting C, 2 UMS off B overall)
C - Business (A & C in modules, resitting C, self-taught too)
C - Critical Thinking ( B & C in modules)

Predicted A2 results
B - Maths
A - Economics
A - Geography
B - Business

& Also doing an EPQ, which I'm aiming for A*/A

I have a strong personal statement, and here are the Universities i am considering for MANAGEMENT/BUSINESS&MANAGEMENT:

Nottingham - AAB
Manchester - AAB
Reading - AAB
Leicester - ABB
Durham - ABB

Do I need to add a lower entry one? I.e. BBB? Which should I swap it for?

Thanks! :smile:

It mught me worth having 1 BBB for a back up university?
Reply 4
Original post by Joanna-Marie :)
It mught me worth having 1 BBB for a back up university?

That's what I'm thinking, but I can't decide which Uni to swap it for! Nottingham and Manchester are my Favs, I live in Reading, and I don't want to swap the 2x ABB's.

Dilemma! :frown:
That's what I'm thinking, but I can't decide which Uni to swap it for! Nottingham and Manchester are my Favs, I live in Reading, and I don't want to swap the 2x ABB's.

Dilemma! :frown:

Then keep Nottingham & Manchester as your TOP then and think about getting rid of Reading if you WANT to move away?

Then look at other things such as;
- Which has the better record of; Student success and Employment afterwards?
- Better opportunites for things like Volunteers, Sports if your interested in that sort of thing?
- Union & Social life?

:smile:
Reply 6
Thanks for your help, also, a couple of other questions for you or anyone else that can help me :P

On the employment part of the application, shall I add the business that I run, and put that I was director? Or will this make me sound like an arrogant b*tch? Because even though I was self-employed, it's not the same is it?

Also, I've added all my AS achieved grades, and I am resitting 4 as mentioned in the opening post, so do I need to add 3 'qualifications' for each subject? (An achieved AS, a resitting 'pending' AS, and a pending A2?)

Thank you for any help in advance :colondollar:

Hmmm when it comes to the employment part, what does the section say? I remember it saying something like "any paid employment", so I assume it wouldn't harm your app to put it down. I don't think its presumptuous; on the contrary, (in the mindset of an admissions tutor) when sifting through apps, it would catch my eye - it suggests you have excellent inter-personal + organisational skills already, and these will only flourish at uni.

No its not arrogant, it just shows you're aware of your strengths; take pride in the fact you can balance work and studies! :biggrin: If you are a bit worried though, you could leave it out of the employment section and slip it into your PS to be on the safe side.

As for the 'qualifications' part, I don't remember too much when I put mine in, though I think that's what you'll need to do. Maybe ask the head of your College/Sixth Form, since he/she is more familiar with the whole thing.

...and its no problem :thumbsup:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending