Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I've posted before for a different question :P But this is related to my choices, and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ok, AS Results are as Follows

B - Maths (A, B & C in modules, resitting C)
    B - Economics ( A & C in modules, resitting C)
    C- Geography (A & C in modules, resitting C, 2 UMS off B overall)
    C - Business (A & C in modules, resitting C, self-taught too)
    C - Critical Thinking ( B & C in modules)

Predicted A2 results
    B - Maths
    A - Economics
    A - Geography
    B - Business

& Also doing an EPQ, which I'm aiming for A*/A

I have a strong personal statement, and here are the Universities i am considering for MANAGEMENT/BUSINESS&MANAGEMENT:

Nottingham - AAB
    Manchester - AAB
    Reading - AAB
    Leicester - ABB
    Durham - ABB

Do I need to add a lower entry one? I.e. BBB? Which should I swap it for?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    If you have good references and a good PS, no, you should be fine.

EDIT: I meant assuming you can achieve the grades (which you should be able to since you managed to get modular As before). If you're asking because you want to have a secure offer, then what I said above applies. I had BBB at AS, a great PS and excellent references and got an AAA offer, so don't fret

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr_Alchem)
    If you have good references and a good PS, no, you should be fine.

EDIT: I meant assuming you can achieve the grades (which you should be able to since you managed to get modular As before). If you're asking because you want to have a secure offer, then what I said above applies. I had BBB at AS, a great PS and excellent references and got an AAA offer, so don't fret
    Thanks for your help, also, a couple of other questions for you or anyone else that can help me :P

On the employment part of the application, shall I add the business that I run, and put that I was director? Or will this make me sound like an arrogant b*tch? Because even though I was self-employed, it's not the same is it?

Also, I've added all my AS achieved grades, and I am resitting 4 as mentioned in the opening post, so do I need to add 3 'qualifications' for each subject? (An achieved AS, a resitting 'pending' AS, and a pending A2?)

Thank you for any help in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie1805)
    Ok, I've posted before for a different question :P But this is related to my choices, and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ok, AS Results are as Follows

B - Maths (A, B & C in modules, resitting C)
    B - Economics ( A & C in modules, resitting C)
    C- Geography (A & C in modules, resitting C, 2 UMS off B overall)
    C - Business (A & C in modules, resitting C, self-taught too)
    C - Critical Thinking ( B & C in modules)

Predicted A2 results
    B - Maths
    A - Economics
    A - Geography
    B - Business

& Also doing an EPQ, which I'm aiming for A*/A

I have a strong personal statement, and here are the Universities i am considering for MANAGEMENT/BUSINESS&MANAGEMENT:

Nottingham - AAB
    Manchester - AAB
    Reading - AAB
    Leicester - ABB
    Durham - ABB

Do I need to add a lower entry one? I.e. BBB? Which should I swap it for?

Thanks!
    It mught me worth having 1 BBB for a back up university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joanna-Marie :))
    It mught me worth having 1 BBB for a back up university?
    That's what I'm thinking, but I can't decide which Uni to swap it for! Nottingham and Manchester are my Favs, I live in Reading, and I don't want to swap the 2x ABB's.

Dilemma!

ReputationRep:
    That's what I'm thinking, but I can't decide which Uni to swap it for! Nottingham and Manchester are my Favs, I live in Reading, and I don't want to swap the 2x ABB's.

Dilemma!
    Then keep Nottingham & Manchester as your TOP then and think about getting rid of Reading if you WANT to move away?

Then look at other things such as;
    - Which has the better record of; Student success and Employment afterwards?
    - Better opportunites for things like Volunteers, Sports if your interested in that sort of thing?
    - Union & Social life?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your help, also, a couple of other questions for you or anyone else that can help me :P

On the employment part of the application, shall I add the business that I run, and put that I was director? Or will this make me sound like an arrogant b*tch? Because even though I was self-employed, it's not the same is it?

Also, I've added all my AS achieved grades, and I am resitting 4 as mentioned in the opening post, so do I need to add 3 'qualifications' for each subject? (An achieved AS, a resitting 'pending' AS, and a pending A2?)

Thank you for any help in advance
    Hmmm when it comes to the employment part, what does the section say? I remember it saying something like "any paid employment", so I assume it wouldn't harm your app to put it down. I don't think its presumptuous; on the contrary, (in the mindset of an admissions tutor) when sifting through apps, it would catch my eye - it suggests you have excellent inter-personal + organisational skills already, and these will only flourish at uni.

No its not arrogant, it just shows you're aware of your strengths; take pride in the fact you can balance work and studies! If you are a bit worried though, you could leave it out of the employment section and slip it into your PS to be on the safe side.

As for the 'qualifications' part, I don't remember too much when I put mine in, though I think that's what you'll need to do. Maybe ask the head of your College/Sixth Form, since he/she is more familiar with the whole thing.

...and its no problem :thumbsup:

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.