Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When entering the fact that one is taking a STEP paper into UCAS, is there a way to define which one(s) you're taking? Because it seems to just be general.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blurb12345)
    When entering the fact that one is taking a STEP paper into UCAS, is there a way to define which one(s) you're taking? Because it seems to just be general.

Thanks
    Nope there isn't I'm afraid - if you're absolutely desperate to declare which STEP paper you're taking then you could always mention it in your personal statement. I wouldn't recommend it though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ree69)
    I wouldn't recommend it though...
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brave)
    Why?
    It looks silly; universities aren't going to give you an offer just for taking a STEP paper - nearly all of them won't even care apart from the ones that ask for it in their offer (Cambridge, Warwick, and maybe Imperial).

All they care about is your grades in any past STEP papers you may have done (taking STEP I at the end of year 12, for example - and getting a decent grade). Merely just stating in your personal statement "I'm taking STEP III this summer..." doesn't impress nor fool anyone.

ReputationRep:
    I put part 2 and part 3 and ignored the modules for cambridge. No problems . Don't worry what form you put it on th ucas form and its worth putting on.
    Lot of people saying its not a good idea to say your taking STEP...mmm.....i'd disagree personally.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 7, 2011

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.