Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A police officer who repeatedly accused colleagues of racism has been rebuked by a judge for his ‘unjustified’ claims.

PC Peter Vince-Lindsay brought 14 allegations of discrimination against British Transport Police, including claiming that, because he was black, officers failed to back him up quickly enough when he was hit with snowballs.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1ZXMkJoSC
    Never in my life have I been more disgusted. Is this proof that race relations laws (to the extent that they are) are unjustified as they are open to abuse?

ReputationRep:
    Well, they aren't really unjustified laws if the allegations are rebuked by a judge, surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Otkem)
    Never in my life have I been more disgusted. Is this proof that race relations laws (to the extent that they are) are unjustified as they are open to abuse?
    You've never been more disgusted? Really?

I mean what the guy did was wrong and he's a prick, but if this is the most disgusting thing you've ever heard then you are in dire need of a reality check. :cool:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Otkem)
    Maybe but we have to be careful as if it goes to far the other way genuine accusations of racism (against any race) may go unnoticed

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt say unjustified, but i do believe that its open to abuse and that sometimes some of these laws go too far the other way.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with him threatening to 'break their legs' (people throwing snowballs at members of public minding their own business) if they didn't stop but using the race card is pretty lame. However, this isn't the most disgusting abuse of rights, not that I'm saying the race card is a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    you have to remember that the poster boy for 'playing the race card in the police' is ex-commander Ali Dizaei...

EFA now reinstated but promptly suspended again pending a retrial Commander Ali Dizaei

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tristano)
    Well, they aren't really unjustified laws if the allegations are rebuked by a judge, surely?
    this a million times over. not sure what the op is complaining about.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.