Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I am really worried, my application is due in on Monday, and I still haven't decided where I am going to apply!

my UKCAT is 652.5
    GCSES - 7 A*s 3As [ONLY 5 OF MY a*s ARE LONG COURSE!
    AS - ABCC
    A2 predicted AAA

can someone please help me?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean you haven't decided ? I can see your options in your sig.

I'd personally avoid kings with that UKCAT.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't decided at all, I made those choices before I called the universities, but now I'm rethinking my options.

The places that said they would take me are - Kings peninsula aberdeen leciester liverpool leeds southhampton keele etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eemooz)
    I haven't decided at all, I made those choices before I called the universities, but now I'm rethinking my options.

The places that said they would take me are - Kings peninsula aberdeen leciester liverpool leeds southhampton keele etc.
    ABERDEEN or Liverpool fo' sho'

ReputationRep:

Leeds should be one of your choices if you're good at Chemistry.
    Their interview is very good and they're generally very swift and pleasant in responding to correspondence. It's also a very good medical school.

Oh and also UEA, not that I'm biased or anything. It's just we're unique and amazing meds/pre meds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwsomePossum)
    ABERDEEN or Liverpool fo' sho'
    I called aberdeen, and they were a bit unclear as to whether they looked at AS grades :/

but liverpool i score 17/18 on their points system, so I think I better apply there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Funky-buddha*)
    Leeds should be one of your choices if you're good at Chemistry.
    Their interview is very good and they're generally very swift and pleasant in responding to correspondence. It's also a very good medical school.

Oh and also UEA, not that I'm biased or anything. It's just we're unique and amazing meds/pre meds
    I don't meet the criteria for UEA

I got a B for AS chem, so leeds probably will hate me :/

ReputationRep:
    I don't meet the criteria for UEA

I got a B for AS chem, so leeds probably will hate me :/
    How do you not meet the criteria?
    I'm sure they only wanted 6A's for A100?

If you qualify for the A2L scheme, which you should research ASAP if you haven't already, then that will help you quite a bit.

If you're predicted AAA for A2 and got a B for chem with say AA in your other subjects then I'm guessing it shouldn't be a very detrimental factor. But, I do speak as someone who went through A2L.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Funky-buddha*)
    How do you not meet the criteria?
    I'm sure they only wanted 6A's for A100?

If you qualify for the A2L scheme, which you should research ASAP if you haven't already, then that will help you quite a bit.

If you're predicted AAA for A2 and got a B for chem with say AA in your other subjects then I'm guessing it shouldn't be a very detrimental factor. But, I do speak as someone who went through A2L.
    Is a2l access?
    If so, I don't qualify.

ReputationRep:
    You're far more likely to get interviewed by a university you apply to than a university you don't.

If I were you though liverpool may be a good shot.
    You're above their GCSE threshold (even with the two short courses)
    They don't rate the UKCAT
    And i'm assuming you've got your statement and all sorted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joemullally)
    You're far more likely to get interviewed by a university you apply to than a university you don't.

If I were you though liverpool may be a good shot.
    You're above their GCSE threshold (even with the two short courses)
    They don't rate the UKCAT
    And i'm assuming you've got your statement and all sorted.
    Yes my statements sorted
    possibly the only thing thats sorted in my life at the moment!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 1, 2011

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.