Atkins was obese! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040211/80/eltbx.html

Sorry, but i just find it mildly amusing.
Julia O.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040211/80/eltbx.html

Sorry, but i just find it mildly amusing.
hahaha...
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Julia O.)
hahaha...
It's amusing, and hopefully will stop people going on this scientifically absurd diet, but ast the same time I don't think it's right that his medical records were handed out like that.
Stupid coroners
J
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
It's amusing, and hopefully will stop people going on this scientifically absurd diet, but ast the same time I don't think it's right that his medical records were handed out like that.
Stupid coroners
J
I tried it once and actually put on 10Ib! However, a friend of mine though managed to lose 20Ib in less than a month eating nothing but huge steaks, chicken, and lumps of cheese. So, I really don't know what to make of it.
Jamie
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
I tried it once and actually put on 10Ib! However, a friend of mine though managed to lose 20Ib in less than a month eating nothing but huge steaks, chicken, and lumps of cheese. So, I really don't know what to make of it.
basically it just makes you feel full. Its like how you can eat an entire box of breadsticks and feel hungry (carbs) but have a steak and you're full for hours (protein).
It's all a big mind trick.
J
]{ingnik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
excuse me if ive missed something, but where does it say he was following the diet himself?? probably common knowledge, but its not in the article!
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I followed it and have lost about 3st, i'm sure i'll get over the fact it was apprenlty very bad for me.
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
so i heard!
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by corey)
I followed it and have lost about 3st, i'm sure i'll get over the fact it was apprenlty very bad for me.
how long were you on the diet for?
Mxx
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
Mrs Atkins insists he wasn't and its some people trying to make a name for themselves by saying he was. She's considering legal action against those concerned.

As far as the diet goes... :eek: sounds too hard to keep too and its not like i need a diet :cool: ...but my advise is just cut eating the crap and you'll lose weight anyway.
Jamie
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
I think I once read something about chewing certain things can trick your mind into believing you've just eaten and stop you feeling hungry.

Or, dye all your food blue. Hardly any food is blue naturally, you instinctively don't want to eat it because your mind thinks its mouldy, and your appetite goes right away.
Ironic you should say that. Recently we have been making raids into other colleges and putting blue colouring in peoples milk in the fridges.
hilarious
J
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mxx)
Mrs Atkins insists he wasn't and its some people trying to make a name for themselves by saying he was. She's considering legal action against those concerned.

As far as the diet goes... :eek: sounds too hard to keep too and its not like i need a diet :cool: ...but my advise is just cut eating the crap and you'll lose weight anyway.
But what if everything you eat is crap?
Mxx
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
But what if everything you eat is crap?
stop eating :cool:
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mxx)
stop eating :cool:
And then die?
Mxx
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
And then die?
ignorance.... anyone can eat healthy, its not hard.. just many people are lazy, quite understandable.
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mxx)
ignorance.... anyone can eat healthy, its not hard.. just many people are lazy, quite understandable.
I heard on the news yesterday that the Greeks have the best diet even though they consume more fats than most countries, but being olive oil it's the healthy kind of fat. Greek guy on the radio reckoned he was going to live til about 130!
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
excuse me if ive missed something, but where does it say he was following the diet himself?? probably common knowledge, but its not in the article!
I don't think he was on the diet, and his wife insists that his weight and health issues were not realted to his diet, but some medical condition he suffered with. I think we should leave the poor buggar alone.
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mxx)
The problem with just eating healthy, is that you don't lose quick enough and people don't see the results so just give up. YEs, you can go to teh gym but for many people (including myself) the most I can get their is 4 times a week, yes I improve my fitness but just eating healthy alongsaide that would not give me the results I wanted. Doing a diet (i.e Atkins) alongside the gym work gave me quick(ish) results that spurred me on.
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by corey)
The problem with just eating healthy, is that you don't lose quick enough and people don't see the results so just give up. YEs, you can go to teh gym but for many people (including myself) the most I can get their is 4 times a week, yes I improve my fitness but just eating healthy alongsaide that would not give me the results I wanted. Doing a diet (i.e Atkins) alongside the gym work gave me quick(ish) results that spurred me on.
Four times a week is fine as long as you are doing 30-45 minutes of medium intensity CV and eating healthily. In my opinion gyms are overpriced and unless you want to be a body builder most of the equipment is superfluous. Going to the gym is a waste of time if you're just going to binge on high sugar high fat foods like fast food, ready meals and fizzy drinks
hattori
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Don't Sumo wrestlers use something similar to Atkins to bulk up?
sumo wrestlers like bodybuilders bulk up. Bodybuilders bulk up then cut, meaning the get big muscles that are covered in fat from bulking but then they lose fat to increase the definition of the muscles. Sumo wrestlers don't care about looking good, and the extra weight comes in handy so they don't bother to cut so the bodyfat stays.

The idea is to get as much protein in as possible for muscle growth but it's not Atkins!! because the bodybuilders/ sumo wrestlers don't restrict the carbs. That's why sumo wrestlers get fat and Atkins won't make you fat. Sumo wreslers and bodybuilders will eat ALOT more than the average person, so that has a part in it too.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (860)
80.37%
Leave (210)
19.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed