How often should I use Driclor? Watch

ImNormal
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I suffer from excessive sweating.
Yesterday I got an Anhydrol Forte (similar to Driclor) from the Doctors. It is 20% (which means it's stronger the Driclor and others) and you can't buy it, you have to have it prescribed.

Well, I'm wondering how often should I use it?
I used it last night for the first time and it really itched and stung, but I checked online and all people who use Driclor or similar say the same.

My sweating has stopped for today, but wondering if I should use it again tonight?
I don't want to make under my arms really sore though and I don't want to overuse it.
crazyunicorn133
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You're meant to use it every night for a bit to get used to it, then reduce it to as and when required. I use mine now about one a week and it works well
koistyjayne
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've used Driclor for about 6 years now, and I think it works wonders!

I tend to apply it only when I feel I'm starting to sweat again. When I first started using it I would go about 4-6 days before needing to reapply it but now I only put it on every 3-4 weeks, sometimes longer. It used to sting me really bad but its not too bad anymore.

Surprisingly though, for the amount of time I've been using it my underarms aren't dry or cracked at all. I'm probably doing some kind of damage though...
malleablegrace
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When I used it (on the one occasion I did!) it stung so badly I genuinely felt like my armpits were on fire and I had to wash it off, and even after that the burning didn't go until the next day is that normal!? I haven't used it since because it was such a horrible experience!
OP I'd just follow what it says on the instructions and what other people online have said, but it's all about what works for you. Maybe start out using it every other night or something, and then start using it more frequently if you can tolerate it and every other night or whatever isn't working as well as you'd hope.
samuelarnold
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have Hyperhidrosis and I use Driclor roll on at night to help stop the sweating. So far -despite the stinging- I'm loving the results and it's stopped pretty much all of the excessive sweating and I've only been using it solidly for a week
naz168
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It usually stings if you have just waxed your armpits lol like i've found. My advice is just put cream under your armpits or vaseline. Then wait for them to heal.

Then try it again but this time put a little (roll it on your armpit in one go- that's enough). Wear it before going to sleep. but wait for them to dry before putting your top on. I've found that it actually causes the armpit part of your clothes to rip lmao.

Then your supposed to wash it off when you wake up. After that wear like a moisturizing cream (that dries into your skin) if it feels really dry, otherwise don't, coz that won't help with your sweating problem. After 3 or so days you should find improvement.
Runninground
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wow. Imma need to get that stuff.......
Anonymous520
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just started using this excuse my language but it's ****ing ace stuff really does work stung like a ***** tho my underarms were in such pain but I probably didn't follow the instructions properly at first but I will defiantly carry on using just watch now I apply it but a little bit of stinging is well worth the results I think
eevoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I applied it last night washed it off this morning and I was still sweating. maybe I used it wrong? or maybe I'm just a different kind of human being coz I've only heard good reviews on this product but why is it not working on me ??
Jj1234567
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
buddy at the beggining it didnt work for me 2 years ago, now I tried again yesterday and it works wonders. Just give it a small gap and try applying again when armpits are completely dry at night before going to sleep. At night the glands are inactive and therefore absorption happens best. Try to calm yourself and just believe its going to work, roll it on, stay positive, wake up the next morning and hopefully it will work. If it doesn't work, don't lose hope, give it some time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (95)
14.84%
Yes - a food allergy (68)
10.63%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (16)
2.5%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (16)
2.5%
No (445)
69.53%

Watched Threads