Do student finance really take 4-6 weeks? Watch

X-Em-X
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hiya,
basically due to problems with uni and my course i've had a slight delay in my student finance application.
Although i applied for it slightly later than the whole june application time, i worked out i'd be ok for a 6 odd weeks from when i filled it out and got my dad to send in his evidence (i am not living at home so he was sending the forms off himself) so i should just about be ok until it clears...HOWEVER....turns out my dad didnt send the evidence and his form until LAST WEEK!!!!!:eek:
I noticed my finance screen hadn't updated or anything and my dad assured me he sent them so i just thought it was being slow and i should be receiving payments any time now

i am now crapping myself as thought of waiting 4-6 weeks from now will leave me pretty much dead.

i know student finance are not known for their speed but does anyone know if i actually appllied ages ago and filled everything out but this one piece of evidence,will it still take 4-6 weeks to clear my money? :confused:

Any help or advice would be great as i want to cry right now!! dam family...

thanks!!!
Einheri
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It took them about 2 weeks for me; they need to cover their own arse so give long estimates.
GamingEconomist
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by X-Em-X)
Hiya,
basically due to problems with uni and my course i've had a slight delay in my student finance application.
Although i applied for it slightly later than the whole june application time, i worked out i'd be ok for a 6 odd weeks from when i filled it out and got my dad to send in his evidence (i am not living at home so he was sending the forms off himself) so i should just about be ok until it clears...HOWEVER....turns out my dad didnt send the evidence and his form until LAST WEEK!!!!!:eek:
I noticed my finance screen hadn't updated or anything and my dad assured me he sent them so i just thought it was being slow and i should be receiving payments any time now

i am now crapping myself as thought of waiting 4-6 weeks from now will leave me pretty much dead.

i know student finance are not known for their speed but does anyone know if i actually appllied ages ago and filled everything out but this one piece of evidence,will it still take 4-6 weeks to clear my money? :confused:

Any help or advice would be great as i want to cry right now!! dam family...

thanks!!!
Your only issue is once they've done your dads stuff they will send you out a declaration and then sort out the payments i don't think it will be 6 weeks but i dont expect you to get it soon though...
jakkowakko123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Can I ask a question in relation to this post?

I have just recently sent my Birth Certificate but had no idea that I needed to attach the 'appropriate declaration' with it. Does this mean I will have to wait for them to send me back my birth cerfificate and then send it with the appropiate declaration or could I just phone them and tell them I will send the declaration form seperatly.

I don't think I will be getting my loan for a long time though
Currrrtisssss
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Is this for the grants or the loans?

They've not asked me to send anything to them lol! Just put passport and national insurance number in and says they're not waiting on any evidence.
X-Em-X
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by jakkowakko123)

I have just recently sent my Birth Certificate but had no idea that I needed to attach the 'appropriate declaration' with it. Does this mean I will have to wait for them to send me back my birth cerfificate and then send it with the appropiate declaration or could I just phone them and tell them I will send the declaration form seperatly.

i'd just phone them and say you will post the decleration out ASAP and see what they say. I'm sure this happens with lots of people so they'll probably be fine with it

looks like i'm not the only one with a mucked up and delayed application than
Ryanosaur1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by jakkowakko123)

I’ve been done this too can you give me some info on what happened please
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
23.76%
No, but I have thought about it (56)
27.72%
No (98)
48.51%

Watched Threads