Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    HI,PEOPLE
    I am currently studying in year 10, doing my gcses. I am doing business studies for gcse, but i want to change business studies on hitory in gcse, becuase after I have read the material from history I became more interested and thought that I can get better gcse grade. Do u think that it is too late to change my gcse options?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    HI,PEOPLE
    I am currently studying in year 10, doing my gcses. I am doing business studies for gcse, but i want to change business studies on hitory in gcse, becuase after I have read the material from history I became more interested and thought that I can get better gcse grade. Do u think that it is too late to change my gcse options?????

how long u bin doin the course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love_4_ducks)
    how long u bin doin the course
    Since september 2003, since the starting of year 10 I was doing business studies and only now i am thinking to change

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    Since september 2003, since the starting of year 10 I was doing business studies and only now i am thinking to change
    it is not too late if you are willing to put in some extra time to learn all that you have missed. the problem with changing to history is that the exam requires a really extensive knowledge of all topics. ask at school, see what they say. but dont leave economics on a whim, it is a very applicable subject and quite easy if you have the right sort of mind which most ppl do!

ReputationRep:
    Whats the point....carry on business studies.....your making way too big deal for GCSES!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nafisa)
    Whats the point....carry on business studies.....your making way too big deal for GCSES!
    ah, well surely that is why s/he should change. if theyll enjoy one course more than another, then by your point they should switch regardless of the implications for their results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    ah, well surely that is why s/he should change. if theyll enjoy one course more than another, then by your point they should switch regardless of the implications for their results.
    that is true ... get your point!

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty late in the year and will depend on your school's policy for it. Additionally, it will also depend on how big the classes are either way (eg, if the History glass is already overflowing, while BS is understudied then the chances of a mover are very slim) and the teachers, whether both consent to the move.

I suggest you ask for it as soon as you possibly can, maybe even send in a letter tomorrow, before half term. Otherwise it'll never get processed. Don't get your hopes up, but if you express your dedication it may be worth a try *shrug*.

All the best,

Egan

ReputationRep:
    u could change but to be honest i wouldnt bother, your gcse's arent really that important anyway. if you are still interested in history afterwards you can do it AS level with no gcse knowledge, because the topics are different, like one of my friends did

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilmissnaughty)
    u could change but to be honest i wouldnt bother, your gcse's arent really that important anyway. if you are still interested in history afterwards you can do it AS level with no gcse knowledge, because the topics are different, like one of my friends did

xxx
    exactly you talk sense!

ReputationRep:
    I hope that it is possible for you to change over to History. It would be such a shame if you had to spend the next year and a bit regretting taking BS.
    GCSE's are an important part of your educational foundation (although I understand that people can be far more relaxed about them once they are completed) and being happy in a subject could improve your grade substantially.
    But what if the school don't let you!? NOOOO!
    Sorry, that wasnt particulary helpful.
    Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Either change now or do it at A-Level.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2004
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.