The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by KimKallstrom
Because if you feel like you can take it or leave it...............

I mean why not celebrate everything we don't really mind either way? The existence of regional dialects is quite good. Why not celebrate it?

To be honest I don't really care what race people are so why would I celebrate mixed-race people?

I like regional dialects too and would celebrate that! and christmas is a good example, im not a christian, im not too fussed but i celebrate it cause its good fun and does no harm
Original post by abc:)
I like regional dialects too and would celebrate that! and christmas is a good example, im not a christian, im not too fussed but i celebrate it cause its good fun and does no harm

How come you aren't now? What are you doing to celebrate it?

Maybe I'm getting caught up in that word! You tell me! :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by KimKallstrom
How come you aren't now? What are you doing to celebrate it?

Maybe I'm getting caught up in that word! You tell me! :smile:

I AM celebrating it actually, we have a mix of dialects in our flat and are practising doing each others' accents, if that counts :biggrin:
Reply 63
Original post by chefdave
Personally I'd rather analyse the words coming from the horses mouth...

Except that when the horses are politicians it's pretty naive to take what they say in their more guarded moments for the cameras as face value. I provided a quote of Griffin which clearly shows him to be a white-nationalist and the link provided gives access to many more similar white-nationalist and neo-Nazi sentiments coming from Griffin's own mouth.

In the end, though, all that matters is that he has lost and white-nationalism in the UK has lost. There's more than enough ethnic diversity, and in more than enough strength, to make his dream an impossible one.
Original post by Oswy

In the end, though, all that matters is that he has lost and white-nationalism in the UK has lost. There's more than enough ethnic diversity, and in more than enough strength, to make his dream an impossible one.

You know what else failed? Marxism. So take your commie rhetoric to a commie country.
Reply 65
Original post by Studentrepreneur
You know what else failed? Marxism. So take your commie rhetoric to a commie country.

Bitter much? White-nationalism has failed regardless of whether or not Marxism 'has failed' (and look around you, it's capitalism that is in crisis right now).
Reply 66
Original post by Oswy
Except that when the horses are politicians it's pretty naive to take what they say in their more guarded moments for the cameras as face value. I provided a quote of Griffin which clearly shows him to be a white-nationalist and the link provided gives access to many more similar white-nationalist and neo-Nazi sentiments coming from Griffin's own mouth.

So? Even if he's said racist things in the past it doesn't automatically stop him talking sense from time to time, especially on subjects like the EU where the mainstream parties are failing us miserably. Jeez, Gordon Brown spent 13 years wrecking the place. But I'll still credit him on the rare occassion when he got something right.

The BNP's weakness isn't on immigration anyway, it's on the economy. Being a left wing party they've picked up where old labour left off; attacking Thatcherism, and supporting workers' co-operatives as well as the renationalisation of key British industries. It's no coincidence their main electoral success has been with white working class men in the North (traditionally Labour's heartlands), people up there are obviously looking for an aggressively left wing party to champion their interests.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 67
Original post by chefdave
So? Even if he's said racist things in the past it doesn't automatically stop him talking sense from time to time, especially on subjects like the EU where the mainstream parties are failing us miserably. Jeez, Gordon Brown spent 13 years wrecking the place. But I'll still credit him on the rare occassion when he got something right.

The BNP's weakness isn't on immigration anyway, it's on the economy. Being a left wing party they've picked up where old labour left off; attacking Thatcherism, and supporting workers' co-operatives as well as the renationalisation of key British industries. It's no coincidence their main electoral success has been with white working class men in the North (traditionally Labour's heartlands), people up there are obviously looking for an aggressively left wing party to champion their interests.

Heh. So now you're trying to defend Griffin on the basis of when he said something racist as opposed to whether or not he did so? That's weak dude. Throughout his long association with the BNP (and prior to it) Griffin has made all kinds of white-nationalist and neo-Nazi noise. It's not like the guy once said something racist in a regretted moment of stress; white-nationalism has been the central theme throughout his political 'career'. Sure, in the last couple of years he has toned it down in public and switched the longstanding BNP dislike of 'Blacks' to dislike of Muslims - but only because he's been trying to court the wider media and gain votes beyond the hard-core of white-nationalists who embody the BNP's central support. I don't pay any attention to the BNP's wider 'policies' (economic or otherwise) as I see them as liitle more than a mixed-bag of populism. At core the BNP are a white-nationalist party and that, for me, is all that matters; and I say that as someone who is 'a white working-class man from the North'.
Original post by nativeLondoner
The white elites/jews tend to encourage the rest of us to sell our race out. In the interests of diversity, white women have become free and easy meat available to all, and if you speak out about it you are ostracised. Non whites - Asians in particular - are vehemently opposed to having their culture diluted, so inevitably while this group is treated like some sacred cow, our young girls up north are getting raped by their men.

what have jews got to do with it?
Reply 69
Original post by Oswy
Heh. So now you're trying to defend Griffin on the basis of when he said something racist as opposed to whether or not he did so? That's weak dude. Throughout his long association with the BNP (and prior to it) Griffin has made all kinds of white-nationalist and neo-Nazi noise. It's not like the guy once said something racist in a regretted moment of stress; white-nationalism has been the central theme throughout his political 'career'. Sure, in the last couple of years he has toned it down in public and switched the longstanding BNP dislike of 'Blacks' to dislike of Muslims - but only because he's been trying to court the wider media and gain votes beyond the hard-core of white-nationalists who embody the BNP's central support. I don't pay any attention to the BNP's wider 'policies' (economic or otherwise) as I see them as liitle more than a mixed-bag of populism. At core the BNP are a white-nationalist party and that, for me, is all that matters; and I say that as someone who is 'a white working-class man from the North'.

There's no point turning it into a character assassination because it's a lefty hobby I have no interest in. It's about policy. When he says something sensible I don't mind supporting and when he doesn't I don't, he gets exactly the same treatment as all other politicans because I don't discriminate in that way. :wink:

i was shocked when i watched this programme. i really did get a sense of propaganda. it gave me avery creepy feeling to know that the bbc was trying to brainwash its audience.

the programme itself seemed to be a diatribe against white people in general. lots of half truths, historical inaccuracies, blatant double standards and lies by omission painted avery bleak picture of western civilisation.

the programme kept on talking about the whitening agenda and how bad it was while at the same time promoting and supporting a 'blackening' agenda.

the programme left an extremely bad taste in the mouth. very biased and anti white.
Races exist, and coming to grips with this fact is healthy. If you painted each race the same color, you can still easily distinguish Cauca-soid, Neg-roid, Mongol-oid, and any admixed race combination.
(edited 2 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending