The Student Room Group

Why would you compare results with someone else after an experiment?

???
to check if your results are similar to the other persons? I mean, if they're the same, you can have more confidence you got it right, however if they drastically difference you know for sure someone got something wrong
Reply 2
Good practice for when you have to have your work peer reviewed later on in life.
Reply 3
you obviously feel bad after not performing well in a mock exam when everyone else did.

it's nice to compare results, because after an important exam, all i ever want to know is how i did. discussing questions with friends afterwards, as a group, helps establish most of the time what the correct answers/methods were :smile:
Original post by alphabet
you obviously feel bad after not performing well in a mock exam when everyone else did.

it's nice to compare results, because after an important exam, all i ever want to know is how i did. discussing questions with friends afterwards, as a group, helps establish most of the time what the correct answers/methods were :smile:

I don't think thats what OP means, I assume he has done an ISA or some sort of assessed experiment in which case this may be a possible question, the answer would be it would increase the reliability of your results if they are very similar to yours and may help identify anomalies (I think).
reliability.

by comparing your results with others(colleagues) you're honouring the scientific method:smile: which is excellent!
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending