The Student Room Group

AIESEC

I graduated earlier this year and have been looking for work/volunteer/internships abroad and stumbled across this organisation earlier today. However, I'm finding it very difficult for the life of me to get any actual information other than what's on the website, i.e. actual experiences by people who have gone abroad through AIESEC.

Can anyone tell me a little bit more about the organisation and what I might expect? I'm specifically looking for something based around NGOs and Charities to go alongside my Sociology&Social Policy degree. Am I likely to find a good placement in Europe (specifically somewhere learning French?)

Cheers!
Reply 1
I have a friend who went to Poland (from New Zealand) through this organisation. Before, she had to be interviewed and do all these leadership type things (I think it's some self-confidence thing they do??) and then she went to Poland. She had a lot of free time but I think the goal was to experience another culture. She also taught children English. Sorry I don't know anymore.
Reply 2
thanks for your reply! anyone else? i'm interested in doing this but its a lot of money, £200 non-refundable administration fee seems a bit much! what if they can't sort me out a project, or they end up giving me one i don't like? it doesnt offer much information about what sort of things they actually do
Reply 3
Original post by maxxxt
thanks for your reply! anyone else? i'm interested in doing this but its a lot of money, £200 non-refundable administration fee seems a bit much! what if they can't sort me out a project, or they end up giving me one i don't like? it doesnt offer much information about what sort of things they actually do

I just had a little meeting with their representitives and apparently there are more internships than members applying so you're practically guaranteed a place. Also, from what I was told the joining fee is £350 but if you don't find an internship, which they said is highly unlikely, they will refund £150. Also a lot of the times the accommodation is free but if it isn't they will organise it for you and the salary you're paid will cover at the very least your living expenses.

Hope this helps.
Reply 4
It definitely gives me something to consider! It still feels a little cheeky that they might keep hold of £200. I'm going to have to look into other options/more into what sorts of internships AISEC offer first
Reply 5
Original post by 0906079
I just had a little meeting with their representitives and apparently there are more internships than members applying so you're practically guaranteed a place. Also, from what I was told the joining fee is £350 but if you don't find an internship, which they said is highly unlikely, they will refund £150. Also a lot of the times the accommodation is free but if it isn't they will organise it for you and the salary you're paid will cover at the very least your living expenses.

Hope this helps.

Holy smokes!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending