Need help with EPQ ideas! Watch

Becca41
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
im in the first year of 6th form and I've been offered to do a EPQ project, it looks really good but im really struggling to think of ideas so any help would be much appreicated!

the subjects im doing are chemistry, biology and psychology.

i think it'd be interesting to do something about medicine/cures or something like forensic science but i don't know what specific question/part i should do.

i really need and appreciate any help!
buzzkid101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why don't you do some research into specific aspects about medicine, for example why a certain medicine is not very effective, how a certain medicine works, the treatments for certain more difficult to cure disease such as HIV/aids- this could let you not only look into the science behind why it is difficult (e.g. developing a vaccine, getting efficient treatment etc.) but also some of the social issues- many people don't want to be administered with vaccines in places like Africa, (where these diseases are prevalent), by some America etc.
we can all offer you suggestions, but in reality, and trust me on this, it needs to come from within you! You're going to be spending ages on this, and are going to have to be fully committed, so make sure its something that you and enjoy and interests you!
If you're interested in forensics- why not look into the criminology aspect of it- i had a friend who did hers on this as she wants to be a forensic scientist when she grows up and it was great- she did something to do with the Media's affect on crime- it was combined with psychology...
I'm currently doing mine on 'why has it taken so long to develop a malaria vaccine' which sounds boring, but there's so much to write about it- ideally this is the sort of question you want, where you have enough to say...

Sorry i didnt really suggest any questions, but it really does just depend on your interests and what you want to do in the future..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (125)
17.83%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.27%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (121)
17.26%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (101)
14.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (68)
9.7%
How can I be the best version of myself? (214)
30.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed