The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
They seem quick this year :biggrin:

The more I'm looking into the UEA the more I'm liking it but it has the same problem as Loughborough of being miles and miles from home...

Fingers crossed then. :smile:

UEA is a nice place, and it's one of my preferred choices, but the thing is that it's only like a 30 minute train journey away, so going somewhere a little further away might be preferable for me! :biggrin:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 61
Would like to know a bit about UEA , couldnt make the open day:frown:
Applied though sounds good :smile:

Philosophy and English Literature :smile:
Original post by BethanW
Ah, LiH :eyeroll: It gets a lot better honestly, they seem to do all the really rubbish, scary stuff at the beginning to shock you into it. LiH2 is AWESOME though, so look forward to that.

Ah! Good! Thank you for the reassurance! And I saw you in the creative writing workshop! :biggrin: What kind of things did you do in LiH2? Does that happen in the second semester or in the second year? :redface:
Reply 63
Original post by diamonddust
Ah! Good! Thank you for the reassurance! And I saw you in the creative writing workshop! :biggrin: What kind of things did you do in LiH2? Does that happen in the second semester or in the second year? :redface:

Oh, you'll have to introduce yourself properly so I can put a face to TSR name!

You'll do LiH2 next semester, after christmas. It's a module that deals with Realism, but a lot the time you'll answer the question of 'what is Realism?' by looking at what Realism is not, so you'll do a bit of Modernism and other such things. It's novel based, one a week, and the reading list is pretty good. We did Lolita, Mrs Dalloway, Pig, This Sporting Life, Nights at the Circus and New Grub Street (and maybe a few more I can't remember.) It's really interesting!
Reply 64
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
They seem quick this year :biggrin:

The more I'm looking into the UEA the more I'm liking it but it has the same problem as Loughborough of being miles and miles from home...

Original post by Niki_girl
Got an acknowledgement on the 6th and an offer on the 13th!

You guys weren't too far out, I just checked my track to find a conditional offer from UEA for Modern History :smile:
First offer over and done with! :biggrin:
Original post by Nibz93
You guys weren't too far out, I just checked my track to find a conditional offer from UEA for Modern History :smile:

Yay! :woo: Another potential UEA Historian!
Original post by Nibz93

Nice. :five: ABB? :biggrin:
Assuming no-one will be getting an English Literature offer in the near future?
Reply 68
Interview at UEA on the 12th December. Really excited :smile:
Original post by juliewho
Interview at UEA on the 12th December. Really excited :smile:

congrats & good luck :biggrin:
Reply 70
Original post by KingMessi
Nice. :five: ABB? :biggrin:

AAB I'm afraid :biggrin: But still doable.
Original post by Nibz93
AAB I'm afraid :biggrin: But still doable.

Good luck...I'm sure you'll attain that. What were your AS grades? :smile:
Oh, nice surprise. Just got home from work...'There has been a change in your track'. It's an unconditional from UEA. :biggrin: I definitely have a uni for next year then! :smile:
Reply 73
Good luck...I'm sure you'll attain that. What were your AS grades? :smile:

AAC, and the C was a really high one. :biggrin: So definitely optimistic.
Reply 74
Applying to do Adult Nursing. Probably my second choice, but not yet sure.
Original post by Nibz93

Oh, well, with hard work you should get that fairly straightforwardly....
Reply 76
Applying for Politics. :smile:
Oh, nice surprise. Just got home from work...'There has been a change in your track'. It's an unconditional from UEA. :biggrin: I definitely have a uni for next year then! :smile:

Well done!

Congrats! :smile:

Original post by Nibz93

At AS I had ABCU and if I can get AAB...somehow, then you can too! and my C wasn't even high lol good luck!

Original post by hash007
Anyone applying for Environmental Geology?

Wooo the ENV circle in here is widening. Good luck :smile: The department is really lovely.
Original post by jelly1000
Well done!

Thank you. :colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending