The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
pagalini, she's mysteriously vanished but I know I saw her a couple of days back. :lol:

ah right yes, she would love it! from what i saw we have like the exact same favourite tv shows :biggrin:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by HanEps93
ah right yes, she would love it! from what i saw we have like the exact same favourite tv shows :biggrin:

Certainly seems that way. :lol: Well, I have several series of Dr Who which are coming with me to uni even if I have to kick my brother or sister out of the car to make room.
Reply 1122
Certainly seems that way. :lol: Well, I have several series of Dr Who which are coming with me to uni even if I have to kick my brother or sister out of the car to make room.

well you can expect me round youre room every night to watch them! i am completely in love with david tennant, i dont know if ive told you that before, either way im telling you again! my DT callender is coming with me to uni :biggrin:
well you can expect me round youre room every night to watch them! i am completely in love with david tennant, i dont know if ive told you that before, either way im telling you again! my DT callender is coming with me to uni :biggrin:

No complaints there. Need series 4 though. But the third series is my favourite. Definitely. :lol: Ahhhhh! You have a David Tennant calendar! Brilliant. :love: I'm torn between taking my Wallace and Gromit calendar, or my Hunger Games calendar. I think Wallace and Gromit will win. :biggrin:
Reply 1124
No complaints there. Need series 4 though. But the third series is my favourite. Definitely. :lol: Ahhhhh! You have a David Tennant calendar! Brilliant. :love: I'm torn between taking my Wallace and Gromit calendar, or my Hunger Games calendar. I think Wallace and Gromit will win. :biggrin:

not a massive fn of either of those im afraid, although ive never read the hunger games books so im willing to be converted! season 4 is my favourite with DT, i love him and catherine tate they are just so funny! i got to go see them in much ado about nothing, and they were amazing! but i do like matt smith as the doctor, but this up coming season is his last which makes me sad! :frown:

yeah every year one of my friends gets me one! this year, another friend bought me a wii remote shaped like a sonic screwdriver! sooo cool :biggrin:
not a massive fn of either of those im afraid, although ive never read the hunger games books so im willing to be converted! season 4 is my favourite with DT, i love him and catherine tate they are just so funny! i got to go see them in much ado about nothing, and they were amazing! but i do like matt smith as the doctor, but this up coming season is his last which makes me sad! :frown:

yeah every year one of my friends gets me one! this year, another friend bought me a wii remote shaped like a sonic screwdriver! sooo cool :biggrin:

Really? But Gromit is so cute! Ah, the Hunger Games are fantastic. If you haven't read the books, don't go and see the film when it comes out. The book is so good you just have to read it first. You got to see them in Much Ado?! I hate you. :lol: I wanted to go and see that so badly! So jealous. Much Ado is one of my favourite plays. I love Matt Smith as well, he's brilliant. But series 3 has to be my favourite because it's got some of the best episodes ever. Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing the new doctor though, can't wait to see who they turn up with. I'm thinking older, the Doctor can't get much younger before he just becomes a kid.

Haha, that's funny, I got one of those too! My parents got it for me for Christmas. We'll have to find someone who's got their own Wii and is willing to take it to uni. :lol: My friend got me a Slytherin scarf. I love her. :love:
Reply 1126
Really? But Gromit is so cute! Ah, the Hunger Games are fantastic. If you haven't read the books, don't go and see the film when it comes out. The book is so good you just have to read it first. You got to see them in Much Ado?! I hate you. :lol: I wanted to go and see that so badly! So jealous. Much Ado is one of my favourite plays. I love Matt Smith as well, he's brilliant. But series 3 has to be my favourite because it's got some of the best episodes ever. Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing the new doctor though, can't wait to see who they turn up with. I'm thinking older, the Doctor can't get much younger before he just becomes a kid.

Haha, that's funny, I got one of those too! My parents got it for me for Christmas. We'll have to find someone who's got their own Wii and is willing to take it to uni. :lol: My friend got me a Slytherin scarf. I love her. :love:

lol i have a gryffindor scarf, but im much more of a slytherin anyway, so i figure ill just dye it :P! lol i do have my own wii, and i would bring it but i dont know where to put it! if i get the accommodation i want then theres no lounges or tvs, and i dont think you can hook it up to a laptop :/

speaking of harry potter and doctor who, i really want rupert grint to be the next doctor, i think he woul be so good as it, and bring a whole new sort of cuteness to the role, but i have yet to find anyone who agrees with me on that :frown:

i do like season three, and i agree it has some amazing episodes, but i just find martha a bit annoying!but she has her moments, like in the shakspeare episode :biggrin: i practically begged my mum to get me tickets! they were quite expensive but it was my favourite actor, with my favourite companion, in my favourite play, EVER!!!!! my parents knew id never forgive them if i didnt get to go! plus i got my programme signed by DT and catherine tate! highlight of my life so far im telling you :biggrin:

i have to read the hunger games, i have been told multiple times, its just finding the time to do that! with all my subkects being really heavy on the reading, i hardly have any time to read what i want anymore! i just have a pile of books tha i bought ages ago sitting in my room looking at me and making me feel really guilty for not reading them :frown:!!!! but im not going to see the film until ive read the books, i was certain of that from the very beginning! :biggrin:
Original post by ThisLooksLikeFun:)
My first choice is the ensuite on the student village, I thought it loked comfy and sharing with less people would be nicer :smile: Then the ensuite on campus is my second choice. What are you thinking of applying for?

Village is the best everrrrrr. Just saying. :smile:
for some reason my q's seem to disappear, has anyone had an interview for social work? is it a group or individual one, any tips? really want a offer from uea
lol i have a gryffindor scarf, but im much more of a slytherin anyway, so i figure ill just dye it :P! lol i do have my own wii, and i would bring it but i dont know where to put it! if i get the accommodation i want then theres no lounges or tvs, and i dont think you can hook it up to a laptop :/

speaking of harry potter and doctor who, i really want rupert grint to be the next doctor, i think he woul be so good as it, and bring a whole new sort of cuteness to the role, but i have yet to find anyone who agrees with me on that :frown:

i do like season three, and i agree it has some amazing episodes, but i just find martha a bit annoying!but she has her moments, like in the shakspeare episode :biggrin: i practically begged my mum to get me tickets! they were quite expensive but it was my favourite actor, with my favourite companion, in my favourite play, EVER!!!!! my parents knew id never forgive them if i didnt get to go! plus i got my programme signed by DT and catherine tate! highlight of my life so far im telling you :biggrin:

i have to read the hunger games, i have been told multiple times, its just finding the time to do that! with all my subkects being really heavy on the reading, i hardly have any time to read what i want anymore! i just have a pile of books tha i bought ages ago sitting in my room looking at me and making me feel really guilty for not reading them :frown:!!!! but im not going to see the film until ive read the books, i was certain of that from the very beginning! :biggrin:

I'm definitely a Slytherin, have been since I was about 9. :lol: Which has nothing to do with Draco of course...Ha, that's brilliant! Now all we need is a TV...I wonder if I still have a tiny one hiding around in my house. Well, I say tiny, compared to most TV's now it is. :lol:

Are you kidding?! I've been saying Rupert Grint should be the next Doctor for ages! :biggrin: Cos he's ginger and the Doctor has always wanted to be ginger but he hasn't been yet, and he's actually a good actor, and I just think he'd be great!! My friends were all "No, he's Ron, he can't be in Doctor Who." So? David Tennant was Barty Crouch Junior before he was the Doctor, what's the big deal? :lol: That's really funny. But yeah, he would be perfect. Although I also think David Thewlis would do a great job as him.

Well, I loved Martha to start with but I'm beginning to find her more annoying. My favourite companions are definitely Rory and River. :love: Rory really came into his own in the 6th series. Think I got fed up with him dying all the time. I lived too far away, plus by the time I found out about it it was already sold out (understandably) but I would have loved to go. Certainly sounds like it. :biggrin: Would've been the same for me.

I know, it's really hard trying to read when you've got loads to do, and then you feel bad because you realise you haven't read anything in about a month. :lol: I have a huge list for the summer of things I need to read. At least you get to read something that isn't science though, it's so depressing sometimes having to look at all the sciencey stuff. Ah well, it'll soon be over and then I'll be complaining because I'll have nothing to do.
Original post by ThisLooksLikeFun:)
Me too :')

and me!!!!

I definitely agree!!!! Love rupert grint and dr who :biggrin:
Reply 1132
what accomodation are you guys putting down? i havent recieved the accomodation guide yet but i'm thinking of putting the ensuite on the campus as my first xx
Original post by mizzmash
what accomodation are you guys putting down? i havent recieved the accomodation guide yet but i'm thinking of putting the ensuite on the campus as my first xx

I like the sound of norfolk/suffolk terrace :smile: have heard lots of good things about them :smile:
but my second choice would be the ensuite...dont think i want to be in the village
xx
Original post by mizzmash

Everyone raves about the ensuite in the village so that's what I'm putting as my first. Plus it'll give me slightly more exercise having to walk from there. :lol: Try and stop myself becoming obese.
Reply 1135
Everyone raves about the ensuite in the village so that's what I'm putting as my first. Plus it'll give me slightly more exercise having to walk from there. :lol: Try and stop myself becoming obese.

I live in the ensuite premium accomodation on campus. There is a big difference between the Village and where I am. My friend's ensuite room there has a 'pod' as it is called....it's so small you can pretty much sit on the loo and shower at the same time. Mine on the other hand is much bigger, and just generally nicer. My room too is bigger and a whole lot newer than the 1960s buildings of the Village. Also bare in mind coming back on nights out. Its about 1 minute from my flat to the club/bar...15 mins from the village, and the main busses to and from the city do not stop near the village.

From what I have seen, the terraces (standard accomodation) have only really got cost in their benefit (being about half the price i pay per week right now)....they do however suffer a bit of vandalism/fire alarms being set off at ridiculous hours (especially during Freshers' Week).
Hi guys

oes anyone know why there is a separate accommodation page for Med/AHP students? Ive been offered a place for Speech and language therapy and the website is directing me ot a different accommodation page but I cant see any differences between their page and the general undergrad one??
Original post by jonop92
I live in the ensuite premium accomodation on campus. There is a big difference between the Village and where I am. My friend's ensuite room there has a 'pod' as it is called....it's so small you can pretty much sit on the loo and shower at the same time. Mine on the other hand is much bigger, and just generally nicer. My room too is bigger and a whole lot newer than the 1960s buildings of the Village. Also bare in mind coming back on nights out. Its about 1 minute from my flat to the club/bar...15 mins from the village, and the main busses to and from the city do not stop near the village.

From what I have seen, the terraces (standard accomodation) have only really got cost in their benefit (being about half the price i pay per week right now)....they do however suffer a bit of vandalism/fire alarms being set off at ridiculous hours (especially during Freshers' Week).

Thanks for this. :smile: I'm still making my mind up so I'll definitely bear this in mind. But hey, I don't care if the bathroom is small if I get it all to myself for my first year of uni. :lol:
Original post by perri winkles
Hi guys

oes anyone know why there is a separate accommodation page for Med/AHP students? Ive been offered a place for Speech and language therapy and the website is directing me ot a different accommodation page but I cant see any differences between their page and the general undergrad one??

when you come to choose accomodation there is less choice for AHP students...
apparently, we can live in norfolk terrace, coleman house, the village i think
not sure why the page is the same :s but there is a separate form to fill in when you come to apply!
xx
Original post by 05keenhannah
when you come to choose accomodation there is less choice for AHP students...
apparently, we can live in norfolk terrace, coleman house, the village i think
not sure why the page is the same :s but there is a separate form to fill in when you come to apply!
xx

Oh ok idn't know this thanks a mill! Thats really odd why do we not get as much choice?:confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending