Turn on thread page Beta

ARRRGGG Albumen! watch

Announcements

during my preliminary testing i first used 1ml copper (II) sulphate and 4ml albumen solution.... I found that albumen dissolved in the 0.1M copper (II) sulpahte, so the liquid was completely clear...this wasnt an error as we repeated the test. Then the liquid was the same level of opaqueness with concentrations of 0.095M to 0.01, with a 0.005M concentration it was less opaque.

I know that albulem is soluble in dilute salt solutions....but is 0.1M copper (II) sulphate dilute?? and if so why did the others not do the same???

Using 9ml copper (II) sulphate to 1ml albumen solution the results were much nicer...i.e. a clearer gradient of opacity.

I used just simple observations by the way.

So would it be best to use greater, lower or equal volumes of albumen and copper (II) sulphate solution??

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.