The Student Room Group

Electrical Engineer

I would like to persue this career, but I have a few problems...
I picked my A levels without having a clue what I wanted to do. But I need Physics, Chem and Maths? to do Electrical Engineering. I'm currently doing Economics, Maths, History and Geology.

I read somewhere that at Uni a foundation course is available which gets you up to similar standards as students who did the correct subjects, but you end up spending an extra year? Is this true?
Reply 1
Original post by NickV
I picked my A levels without having a clue what I wanted to do. But I need Physics, Chem and Maths? to do Electrical Engineering. I'm currently doing Economics, Maths, History and Geology.

I read somewhere that at Uni a foundation course is available which gets you up to similar standards as students who did the correct subjects, but you end up spending an extra year? Is this true?

you need maths and a science subject, preferably physics :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by NickV

I suspect you need Maths and Physics, although I did just a google to check this and Bristol here just seem to say including Mathematics, so you might stand a chance with your current subjects. Just have to have a look around at the ones that don't specific it. A lot of them seem to say Maths + one of Electronics, Physics or Further Maths though.

Edit: This might be what you're looking for:
Required subjects: maths and a science or electronics subject plus a third subject (excluding general studies). A foundation year is available for those with BBB grades but not in the required subjects

That's from Nottingham's website.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending