This discussion is closed.
Custard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I think the rep system has now become pointless. Someone has now taken rep of me because said fur is ugly. My god, you can't even have opinions anymore. Hardly anyone uses it right. I'm aware people will give me neg rep for this thread, but I do not longer care as it has de-valued this site for me dramatically.
I don't think this site should be about people taking rep off people because they don't agree with what has just been written.

What do you think?
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Custard)
I think the rep system has now become pointless. Someone has now taken rep of me because said fur is ugly. My god, you can't even have opinions anymore. Hardly anyone uses it right. I'm aware people will give me neg rep for this thread, but I do not longer care as it has de-valued this site for me dramatically.
I don't think this site should be about people taking rep off people because they don't agree with what has just been written.

What do you think?
You should have put this in the "About" section of the site.

Deal with rep. It is "d"'s decision, you don't own the site.
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
There are two of these threads.
SHANDY
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
True Say I Think That Is Wrongthis Forum Is About Veiws And Disscussions Not Taking Rep Of Others
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SHANDY)
True Say I Think That Is Wrongthis Forum Is About Veiws And Disscussions Not Taking Rep Of Others
If YOU WISH TO SPEAK LIKE THIS. Then use the Cap lock, not the shift button.
Custard
Rep:
?
I know I do not own the site but I'm just putting my veiws across and I'm sure alot of people will think differently as its only my thought. We have had threads about tampons though so can't we just let this slide been in the wrong place?
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I know I do not own the site but I'm just putting my veiws across and I'm sure alot of people will think differently as its only my thought.
This subject has literally being done to death, and by speaking about it doesn't cahnge a thing. The rep system has 2 options, either have it or not have it. It may change when we go to vB3.
kokopops
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
wats a rep?
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

What do you think?
youve only just realised?
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kokopops)
wats a rep?
Read the alternative faq. Which we spent ages putting up.
kokopops
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Read the alternative faq. Which we spent ages putting up.
sorri
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I put this in the other thread:

Out of spite, it's a bit mean but the choices for giving or taking rep are either "I agree" or "I disagree".

At least rep can only be given out once daily.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
youve only just realised?
People get negative repped or positive repped for little or no good reason, and it's very annoying, especially when the neg rep is undeserved.
Custard
Rep:
?
Alright then if you are so peed of at this thread get a mod to close it or something!
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Alright then if you are so peed of at this thread get a mod to close it or something!
It's just that everyone seems to be complaining as of late about this, the thing is it happens to all of us, there are imature individuals on here that use it as a weapon, just don't take it so seriously, I get neg rep, but you know what I don't care! It's just a forum for god's sake and it's one persons oppinion at that moment, oh well. Face it the rep system is abused and has been for a few months now it's not going to change, so deal w/ it.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
neg rep is funny! i like the comments people make
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
here is a nice example: stop posting endless crap on all threads. you're ruining the boards! hmmm...not signed though - slightly disappointing
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
neg rep is funny! i like the comments people make
Some of them can be quite amusing. One of my recent favourites is:

"I want to show you my hatred for you you piece of ****. Your a fckuing prick and shoud be shot in the head"
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Some of them can be quite amusing. One of my recent favourites is:

"I want to show you my hatred for you you piece of ****. Your a fckuing prick and shoud be shot in the head"
hehe - nothing as bad as that yet for me, but i'm sure it's not far away
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm postive that there is a lot of Rep exchange going on.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (195)
33.28%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
49.66%
I still don't know (100)
17.06%

Watched Threads