Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think the rep system has now become pointless. Someone has now taken rep of me because said fur is ugly. My god, you can't even have opinions anymore. Hardly anyone uses it right. I'm aware people will give me neg rep for this thread, but I do not longer care as it has de-valued this site for me dramatically.
    I don't think this site should be about people taking rep off people because they don't agree with what has just been written.

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Custard)
    I think the rep system has now become pointless. Someone has now taken rep of me because said fur is ugly. My god, you can't even have opinions anymore. Hardly anyone uses it right. I'm aware people will give me neg rep for this thread, but I do not longer care as it has de-valued this site for me dramatically.
    I don't think this site should be about people taking rep off people because they don't agree with what has just been written.

What do you think?
    You should have put this in the "About" section of the site.

Deal with rep. It is "d"'s decision, you don't own the site.

ReputationRep:
    There are two of these threads.

ReputationRep:
    True Say I Think That Is Wrongthis Forum Is About Veiws And Disscussions Not Taking Rep Of Others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHANDY)
    True Say I Think That Is Wrongthis Forum Is About Veiws And Disscussions Not Taking Rep Of Others
    If YOU WISH TO SPEAK LIKE THIS. Then use the Cap lock, not the shift button.

ReputationRep:
    I know I do not own the site but I'm just putting my veiws across and I'm sure alot of people will think differently as its only my thought. We have had threads about tampons though so can't we just let this slide been in the wrong place?

ReputationRep:
    I know I do not own the site but I'm just putting my veiws across and I'm sure alot of people will think differently as its only my thought.
    This subject has literally being done to death, and by speaking about it doesn't cahnge a thing. The rep system has 2 options, either have it or not have it. It may change when we go to vB3.

ReputationRep:
    wats a rep?

ReputationRep:

What do you think?
    youve only just realised?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops)
    wats a rep?
    Read the alternative faq. Which we spent ages putting up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Read the alternative faq. Which we spent ages putting up.
    sorri

ReputationRep:
    I put this in the other thread:

Out of spite, it's a bit mean but the choices for giving or taking rep are either "I agree" or "I disagree".

At least rep can only be given out once daily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    youve only just realised?
    People get negative repped or positive repped for little or no good reason, and it's very annoying, especially when the neg rep is undeserved.

ReputationRep:
    Alright then if you are so peed of at this thread get a mod to close it or something!

ReputationRep:
    Alright then if you are so peed of at this thread get a mod to close it or something!
    It's just that everyone seems to be complaining as of late about this, the thing is it happens to all of us, there are imature individuals on here that use it as a weapon, just don't take it so seriously, I get neg rep, but you know what I don't care! It's just a forum for god's sake and it's one persons oppinion at that moment, oh well. Face it the rep system is abused and has been for a few months now it's not going to change, so deal w/ it.

ReputationRep:
    neg rep is funny! i like the comments people make

ReputationRep:
    here is a nice example: stop posting endless crap on all threads. you're ruining the boards! hmmm...not signed though - slightly disappointing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    neg rep is funny! i like the comments people make
    Some of them can be quite amusing. One of my recent favourites is:

"I want to show you my hatred for you you piece of ****. Your a fckuing prick and shoud be shot in the head"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Some of them can be quite amusing. One of my recent favourites is:

"I want to show you my hatred for you you piece of ****. Your a fckuing prick and shoud be shot in the head"
    hehe - nothing as bad as that yet for me, but i'm sure it's not far away

ReputationRep:
    I'm postive that there is a lot of Rep exchange going on.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.