Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 00leam1)
    i think they should be chucked into prison for ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
    agreed...rape is the worst kind of crime, because the victim has to live with it forever, and they never go back on what theyve done once they leave jail...they just carry on abusing :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 00leam1)
    i think they should be chucked into prison for ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think they should be tortured to death.

However, that is only if it is 100% certain. Beyond all reasonable doubt, and they are rapists.

Imagine if you slepped with a **** and then she cried rape and you end up being tortured to death when you haven't done anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    agreed...rape is the worst kind of crime, because the victim has to live with it forever, and they never go back on what theyve done once they leave jail...they just carry on abusing :mad:
    I AM IN NO WAY DEFENDING RAPISTS HERE

Consider, for the sake of argument, treating rapists as having mental disorders (those who cant control their sexual urges). We have learnt that people who have mental disorders should not be jailed because it is morally wronf (with the exception of Mr bush). True, rapists may carry out such terrible acts again, but if we aliken them with Schitzophreniacs who may also pose a danger to society, we can see jailing them up for so many years is not a solution.

I believe that people can generally be made to understand they did something wrong. Could the tecnques used in "a clockwork orange" be tried on rapists?

ReputationRep:
    make them suffer!

an eye for an eye!

but do they deserve to die

the victim can decide???

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.