The Student Room Group
Reply 1
it is an overdose, and wouldn't have done him much good but 8/9 paracetamol is definately not enough to kill you. paracetamol is very mild, to kill yourself and do the job properly you'd probably need at least 2-3 packs, maybe even more depending on your BMI. in a shop where i used to work you weren't allowed to sell more than 6 packs to one person at a time incase they used them to harm themselves
Sasha D
I saw a program on tv the other day and ther was a teenage boy who'd taken 8/9 paracetamol and he survived...isn't that an overdose? Wouldn't it have been harmful?

You need about 30-50 tablets to kill you, depending on certain factors; An adult can take up to 8 tablets a day without overdosing.
Reply 3
Sasha D
I saw a program on tv the other day and ther was a teenage boy who'd taken 8/9 paracetamol and he survived...isn't that an overdose? Wouldn't it have been harmful?

PAracetamol is the optimal painkiller as it is very effective and have very small side effects. However, the drug is decomposed in the liver and excessive dose is likely to harm yoru liver. Therefore you should never use paracetamol over a long period of time. And NEVER in combination with alcohol.
Reply 4
All this healthy advice, whats a guy to do. :confused:
Reply 5
Sasha D

I know Asprin is responsible for 70% of users bleeding about 12 cm3 (can't remember exact figure) of blood in a day, particulary in the stomach

Latest