Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am looking for a revision guide to help with economics. Our lessons involve mainly making notes from the teacher talking so we get very little practise a questions and activities. I would like some suggestions of some good revision guides for AS this year and hopefully A2 next year if I continue the subject. Any suggestions?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Summarise your notes already and explain them to someone else
    AQA have all their past papers on their site

that should easily be enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Womble548)
    I am looking for a revision guide to help with economics. Our lessons involve mainly making notes from the teacher talking so we get very little practise a questions and activities. I would like some suggestions of some good revision guides for AS this year and hopefully A2 next year if I continue the subject. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    what exam board are u on?! i got 'phillip allan' ones last yr and they're for aqa. each unit has a different book n they only just under £6 a book plus p&p. they really good thats my opinion anyway!

ReputationRep:
    ahhhhhh, i suppose the exam board would have helped alot. It is edexcel if that changes anything?

thanks for the replies so far

ReputationRep:
    Try Jenny Scott's Living Economy. It isn't by any means a revision guide but it has been superb for us in understanding the macroeconomy. It basically makes economics accessible to the layman. So it's best used alongside the textbooks as one huge "real life" example of all the macroeconomic theories we study.

ReputationRep:
    The Oxford revision guide is pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    The Oxford revision guide is pretty good.
    True, but I often use Letts Revision Guides - I like the ones that explain things logically and have lots of questions after each section.

Its an effective combination.

Also, past exam papers are always useful - you should always do at least 2/3 before exams, as preparation for what you will face in the real thing.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the recommendations, although i have a problem. I have found the oxford revion guide on amazon:
    Advanced Economics Through Diagrams (Oxford Revision Guides)

but i dont think i have found the letts one. I have looked on their site and there arent any listed. the only one that i have found is:
    A Level Study Guide: Economics (a blue and orange cover with a big A)

is this the right one? becuase it doesnt seem to be in print???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Womble548)
    thanks for the recommendations, although i have a problem. I have found the oxford revion guide on amazon:
    Advanced Economics Through Diagrams (Oxford Revision Guides)

but i dont think i have found the letts one. I have looked on their site and there arent any listed. the only one that i have found is:
    A Level Study Guide: Economics (a blue and orange cover with a big A)

is this the right one? becuase it doesnt seem to be in print???
    Seriously, you will be inunadeted with the information, just stick with the Oxford ones. They are seriously good. Full of info, but summarised so wonderfully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Seriously, you will be inunadeted with the information, just stick with the Oxford ones. They are seriously good. Full of info, but summarised so wonderfully.
    I agree.

But I am talking about basic revision, not actual proper reading and learning etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    I agree.

But I am talking about basic revision, not actual proper reading and learning etc.
    True, the Oxfird revfision guides are one step down from a textbook, but one step up from a revision guide.

ReputationRep:
    Apart from tutor2u are there any other good economics revision sites?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *boo*)
    http://www.s-cool.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    http://www.s-cool.co.uk
    Yeah I know that one but I don't think it's very informative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *boo*)
    I find tutor2u to be the most helpful but this one's quite good too:

http://www.bized.ac.uk/stafsup/options/option7.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)
    I find tutor2u to be the most helpful but this one's quite good too:

http://www.bized.ac.uk/stafsup/options/option7.htm
    Yep, tutor2u seems to be the most useful site. Can't find any other sites which are better.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.