The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Sent off your application? Checking Track all times of day and night? This thread is for you :smile:

Some FAQ:

How long before UCAS sends me my Welcome letter?
Usually within a few days. Do check it and make sure it's accurate as you won't be able to change any of your choices (or correct any mistakes, eg wrong course code) after 7 days.

How soon can I log in to Track?
When you get your Welcome letter you will be given the details you need. [Some people do manage to get in before their Welcome letter arrives, by using their UCAS registration number (without the dashes/spaces) and hitting the 'I've forgotten my password' option.] UPDATE: It seems that this year you should be able to log in to Track using the Personal ID from 'Apply', and the same username/password.

When does Track update?
Track updates at any time, even at weekends, when the unis send through decisions, and this is supposed to generate an email notification to you. See this thread for examples of how randomly timed these can be. Nevertheless, it is possible to log in and find a decision you haven't received the 'Your Track has Updated' email for.

How long before I hear anything?
Nobody can say. Some people get offers within 48 hours; others wait for weeks or months without hearing anything, not even an acknowledgement. Where used (many unis and/or courses don't send them) acknowledgements are generated automatically and their timing and content is of no significance whatsoever.

Someone else has got an offer for the same course/uni that I've applied for, but I haven't heard anything yet. Does that mean I'm certain to be rejected?
No.

Will universities be making decisions over Christmas/New Year or during the Easter Holidays?
Universities do not operate like schools with 12 weeks holiday a year meaning there will be staff at work over the Christmas/New Year and other holiday periods. However, like with all jobs, a lot of people do take annual leave at these times which means there may well be a delay to replying to UCAS applicants. The effect this has on replies will completely depend on the department and university so asking on TSR will not help you find an answer. Also, remember that UCAS (and the Royal Mail) operate reduced hours over the Christmas/New Year period so even if decisions are made by universities they may not be communicated to you until a later date.

When is the latest that unis can send through a decision on my application?
UCAS asks universities to make decisions on applicants who met the 15 January deadline by 31 March, but not all of them achieve this. The absolute deadline for these decisions is 10 May, when UCAS will automatically enter an 'unsuccessful' decision on Track if the uni has not posted its own decision by then.

If you applied after 15 January, unis have until 19 July to make a decision, after which UCAS will enter 'unsuccessful' if a uni has not responded.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Places sending out offers:

Manchester
Liverpool
UEA
Bath
Nottingham
UCL
(edited 12 years ago)
I liked the old one better :colonhash:
Reply 3
I can't even send mine off yet.:frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Minerva
Sent off your application? Checking Track all times of day and night? This thread is for you :smile:

Some FAQ:

How soon can I log in to Track?
When you get your Welcome letter you will be given the details you need. Some people do manage to get in before their Welcome letter arrives, by using their UCAS registration number (without the dashes/spaces) and hitting the 'I've forgotten my password' option.[.

why should the ' I have forgotten my password' button be hit. Does track not allow anyone to just put the UCAS Id, UCAS User name, UCAS password right away (even without the welcome letter) and sign on? Can some one please clarify on this?
Reply 5
Waiting for my head of sixth to attach my reference. :/
Reply 6
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
now I've had 4 out of 5 acknowledgements I am getting inpatient :o:

Sorry, I've just accidentally given you a neg- clumsy fingers on a touch screen :colondollar: I've had 3 out of 5 acknowledgements so far, some don't even bother do they?
Reply 7
:iiam:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
This shouldn't be '2011' but '2012 entry'
been waiting 6 days now for some sort of reply from anyone :confused:
Reply 10
But we still have this tread; why do we need another?

But yeah, I'm waiting for my four remaining decisions, and the wait is almost unbearable.

EDIT: Whatever, the more threads, the better. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
Application was sent off by school yesterday, only have the email acknowledgement from UCAS so far but I'm getting nervous/excited/terrified already.
Reply 12
Original post by mpc1
why should the ' I have forgotten my password' button be hit. Does track not allow anyone to just put the UCAS Id, UCAS User name, UCAS password right away (even without the welcome letter) and sign on? Can some one please clarify on this?
It's not the same password as the one you used to sign up for Apply.
Reply 13
Original post by Just Josh
This shouldn't be '2011' but '2012 entry'
But some people have applied or will apply for 2013....
Reply 14
Original post by Minerva

Sure?

I thought it is!

The same is being addressed here as well - http://www.facebook.com/ucasonline
Reply 15
Original post by Minerva

I used the same password, and did never hit the "forgot password" button... :confused:
I got into track without my welcome letter, by putting in my username/password and hitting 'lost ID' button, they sent an email with it in which I used and got in no problem.

Seriously though, the waiting is killing me already. How I will last til March or whenever is doubtful right now...
Original post by Beebumble
I can't even send mine off yet.:frown:

I could, but I haven't wrote a word of my PS. I'm a boring soul.
Reply 18
Original post by mpc1

I did this. I logged on to track the day my school sent my form off. And it was the same password, username and ID.
And I didn't get my welcome letter until 2 days later.
Reply 19
Got acknowledgements from York and Warwick...I seriously won't be able to relax until I at least get one offer and know somebody actually wants me!!

Quick Reply

Latest