The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by alexsasg
-something clicks-

hi jenny. LOL, it's alex. :P

haha, why hello Alex :wink: your username wasn't a give away at all :L
Original post by doloroushazy
that includes medicine and stuff! to be fair it probably is quite a lot but i just dont get how it took so long to write our references when they're all really generic and practically identical haha. I am too! Where did you apply for?

Cambridge (St. John's), Warwick, Durham (Collingwood), Sheffield and UEA (English and American Lit): what about you? Actually, I think there's one person reapplying for Medicine who received no offers last year, but no one else from my year, although there are two people applying to LSE (crazy people!). Oh, I know, I just kept annoying my teachers about it until they'd done, and then annoyed the Head of Sixth Form until he checked my application and sent it off :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by muse_of_fire
Cambridge (St. John's), Warwick, Durham (Collingwood), Sheffield and UEA (English and American Lit): what about you? Actually, I think there's one person reapplying for Medicine who received no offers last year, but no one else from my year, although there are two people applying to LSE (crazy people!). Oh, I know, I just kept annoying my teachers about it until they'd done, and then annoyed the Head of Sixth Form until he checked my application and sent it off :smile:

sounds good! i'm applying to Oxford (wadham), Edinburgh (English + Scottish Lit), St Andrews (English lit), UEA (just English lit) aand Durham (University college). I don't really wanna go to Durham so I thought if I'm gonna apply I might as well go for the castle hahaha. and i'm sort of regretting applying for Oxford now. I only really wanna go to Edinburgh and St Andrews.
I'm not an early applicant but i thought i'd get it in early anyway :smile: Sent it to my school two weeks ago on monday, and they sent it to UCAS two weeks after that. Wasn't happy waiting! Got my first acknowledgement today though :smile: Scary stuff!
sounds good! i'm applying to Oxford (wadham), Edinburgh (English + Scottish Lit), St Andrews (English lit), UEA (just English lit) aand Durham (University college). I don't really wanna go to Durham so I thought if I'm gonna apply I might as well go for the castle hahaha. and i'm sort of regretting applying for Oxford now. I only really wanna go to Edinburgh and St Andrews.

I was very nearly swayed by the castle, haha! Why don't you particularly like Durham? I really like the city, even though it's small; I come from a tiny village so it'll probably be exciting enough for me :smile: I actually really like all my choices, which I wasn't expecting to do. I considered both Edinburgh and St Andrews but I really don't like the Scottish system :/
I was very nearly swayed by the castle, haha! Why don't you particularly like Durham? I really like the city, even though it's small; I come from a tiny village so it'll probably be exciting enough for me :smile: I actually really like all my choices, which I wasn't expecting to do. I considered both Edinburgh and St Andrews but I really don't like the Scottish system :/

I dunnooo... the city is small, not that I particularly want to go to a big city but so much of it is pretty boring and grey. like the uni student union is just like this big grey concrete block hahah... plus I'm from Newcastle so it's really close to me which I don't like that much. plus they ask for an A*, bastards haha.
I really love the Scottish system! I like how easy it is in theory to switch to joint honours after 2 years (i was really torn between englit or english and german) and i love how much freedom you have... I wanted to apply to Glasgow as well but my UCAS teacher woman wouldn't let me apply to 3 scottish ones haha. what don't you like about it?
I dunnooo... the city is small, not that I particularly want to go to a big city but so much of it is pretty boring and grey. like the uni student union is just like this big grey concrete block hahah... plus I'm from Newcastle so it's really close to me which I don't like that much. plus they ask for an A*, bastards haha.
I really love the Scottish system! I like how easy it is in theory to switch to joint honours after 2 years (i was really torn between englit or english and german) and i love how much freedom you have... I wanted to apply to Glasgow as well but my UCAS teacher woman wouldn't let me apply to 3 scottish ones haha. what don't you like about it?

Yeah, the SU is shockingly ugly :s-smilie: See, I'd rather just study English: I don't want to have to attend lectures in another subject just for the sake of it. As interesting as that may be, I'm actually pretty lazy at heart :P
Yeah, the SU is shockingly ugly :s-smilie: See, I'd rather just study English: I don't want to have to attend lectures in another subject just for the sake of it. As interesting as that may be, I'm actually pretty lazy at heart :P

i just want a year at the start to bum around :wink:
Reply 188
I'm uber too. Can I join?!
Reply 189
Wow, 12 hours in and I managed to get myself locked out of track! I knew I had all of the details right but it wasn't accepting them and has now said i'm locked out. Now I have to wait 24 hours before they'll let me back in! It's a good job i'm not expecting any responses or I think it would drive me crazy! (Turns out, i'd used an uppercase letter as part of my password, which I don't remember doing but, whatever.)
Reply 190
I sent off my application on the 12th, and recieved an acknowledgment from sheffield. But I still cant log into Track??? Im assuming/hoping this is ok??
Original post by Swind
I sent off my application on the 12th, and recieved an acknowledgment from sheffield. But I still cant log into Track??? Im assuming/hoping this is ok??

why can't you? have you got your Track Personal ID? it might change, so check the personal ID in your welcome letter, or click forgot Personal ID and it will be emailed to you.
Original post by Gallois
Cool! What are you applying for?

I've just had a second acknowledgment email from Sheffield... But I only applied to there once.

I got a second one too :smile: I got really excited when I saw the email aswell -.-
(edited 12 years ago)
anyone expecting acknowledgements this weekend?
Original post by desy.kris
anyone expecting acknowledgements this weekend?

I really really doubt they'll send any at the weekend, not this early on anyway.

No idea why you are so excited about them? The first one, granted, because it means your application has reached the unis but the others, are all more or less identical
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
I really really doubt they'll send any at the weekend, not this early on anyway.

No idea why you are so excited about them? The first one, granted, because it means your application has reached the unis but the others, are all more or less identical

but they said the Track status might change on weekends. if they send out offers/rejections on weekends, I thought maybe they also send out acknowledgements.

haha, I don't know why either! it just excites me... I think it's because acknowledgements mean I'll be hearing further news within 2 to 4 weeks! or longer :/ except from Oxford.
Reply 196
Original post by desy.kris
but they said the Track status might change on weekends. if they send out offers/rejections on weekends, I thought maybe they also send out acknowledgements.

haha, I don't know why either! it just excites me... I think it's because acknowledgements mean I'll be hearing further news within 2 to 4 weeks! or longer :/ except from Oxford.

Acknowledgements mean nothing given how they are automated.
Reply 197
Crikey! Mayhem! madness!
Got acknowledgements from York and Edinburgh on the day I applied and one from Cambridge the next day. I made me jump about a bit, but now the waiting game begins!
Original post by bekylouisex3
I got a second one too :smile: I got really excited when I saw the email aswell -.-

yeah I got two from Sheffield as well :rolleyes:
Reply 199
Original post by Jeebus42
Acknowledgements mean nothing given how they are automated.

Are you sure about that? Some Unis take about 3 weeks to send out acknowlegements. I don't think it's really automatic, that'd be a pretty crappy system :P.

Also: :jebus: .

Quick Reply

Latest