The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

The "I've applied to Edinburgh for 2012 entry" chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2680
Original post by Latki
Me too!! :biggrin: I'm visiting in April but I think I'll firm it then. Let me know if you do firm it and then I will actually know someone in the whole of Scotland haha! Are you from Scotland?

Oh awesome! Yeah I'm probably gonna firm it ^^ Let me know too! Nah I'm not scottish so same, it'll be a relief to go in knowing someone haha
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2681
Status went blank! I'm pretty sure it's a rejection, but hey, it's an answer.
Reply 2682
Original post by pikchius
Status went blank! I'm pretty sure it's a rejection, but hey, it's an answer.

Blank status doesn't always mean answer...
Mine went blank for biology two weeks ago then back to pending last thursday and back to blank this afternoon... So far no answer in sight :frown:
UGH.
STILL PENDING.
:unimpressed:
Reply 2684
Blank for the second time this year;p
Reply 2685
Original post by Leyhena
Blank status doesn't always mean answer...
Mine went blank for biology two weeks ago then back to pending last thursday and back to blank this afternoon... So far no answer in sight :frown:

Hey dude, I wasn't even expecting much, way to pull a reality check.

j/k :biggrin: I'm pretty sure it's much more likely now, or sometime soon, though.
Reply 2686
Original post by pikchius
Hey dude, I wasn't even expecting much, way to pull a reality check.

j/k :biggrin: I'm pretty sure it's much more likely now, or sometime soon, though.

Sorry about that, I'm just very disappointed by how Edin is giving some of us false hopes :colondollar:
Original post by saachi
Plenty of people who got rejected from Glasgow got an offer from Edinburgh. Don't lose hope! :smile:

Thank you :smile:

Original post by MiriamG
I'm still waiting...
also, the two unis has different selection processes, e.g. Glasgow is rolling, so they would have had quite some places filled up already by the Edinburgh started looking further than the fee status

Ha! true. Good luck to you though!
Original post by Eileen_
Yeah, at least there will be two of us :laugh:
Sadly, I didn't get a chance to visit yet.. I really want to visit but I'm still going to school in the Netherlands :frown: I might try to arrange a visit once I'm done :smile: Did you go?

Aww right well im sure you'll like when you see it....although its so cold!! Yeah i went it was the first time i'd seen the university but i thought it was really nice and i'm excited for next year! :smile: Have you applied for you accomodation yet? :smile:
Original post by Ocarinaoftime
Just thought I'd let you know, I was unsuccessful from Glasgow but received and offer from Edinburgh so keep your hopes up! :smile:

Congrats! :biggrin: Well, I'll keep my hopes up a little bit. :rolleyes:
Reply 2690
Is there anyone who has applied for Nursing and is still waiting to hear back?:tongue:
Oh, c'mon..
-it's the 21st of March
-still "Pending" on euclid

I'm getting really tired. If I only knew whether it's worth waiting for "something" or not.

I'll probably send them an enquiry tomorrow evening if nothing happens :frown:
Reply 2692
Finally blank status. I thought I was going to fall into that group who will get their decision by the end of the April but now I am probably getting a rejection. It's going to suck if they reject me the last day :/
Reply 2693
Original post by marijus
Finally blank status. I thought I was going to fall into that group who will get their decision by the end of the April but now I am probably getting a rejection. It's going to suck if they reject me the last day :/

Hiii... what do you mean by "last day"? Now I'm scared... :eek:
Reply 2694
Well almost the last day, I think friday is the last day
Reply 2695
Original post by marijus

Ah still pending.. hmm hope you hear back soon though :smile:
Original post by marijus

What do you mean by "the last day"? The last day for what? Or the last day of the week before weekend? :smile:

There is the "deadline" of the 31st of March but there still are 10 days until then..
Reply 2697
Original post by star9005
What do you mean by "the last day"? The last day for what? Or the last day of the week before weekend? :smile:

There is the "deadline" of the 31st of March but there still are 10 days until then..

and that "deadline" is imaginary anyway...it's the 10th of May that actually counts as a deadline.

Mine isn't blank yet, so I doubt it will come today...
Original post by star9005

Someone sent Edinburgh an email asking about their subject and this was the reply

Thank you for your email. The majority of decisions for this programme have been sent out already, and we endeavor to have sent the remaining decisions within the next week.

However, a small minority of applicants will not hear from us by this time, which may include you. This is because those particular applicants are of a similarly high standard to those who are currently receiving offers, but are not quite of the same standard (either academically, or in terms of the strength of their application). As such, we are not currently making this group of students an offer, but are waiting to confirm whether we will have available places to make them offers at a later time, hopefully by the end of April. We will email all students within this

I'm assuming that is what the "last day" is, however, I'd place emphasis on "This programme" and "endeavor", therefore it might not apply to all subjects and even if it does there was no mention of "we will definitely have given out all decisions" plus the fact that decisions can still be made at a later day if possible. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ocarinaoftime
Thank you for your email. The majority of decisions for this programme have been sent out already, and we endeavor to have sent the remaining decisions within the next week.

However, a small minority of applicants will not hear from us by this time, which may include you. This is because those particular applicants are of a similarly high standard to those who are currently receiving offers, but are not quite of the same standard (either academically, or in terms of the strength of their application). As such, we are not currently making this group of students an offer, but are waiting to confirm whether we will have available places to make them offers at a later time, hopefully by the end of April. We will email all students within this

I'm assuming that is what the "last day" is, however, I'd place emphasis on "This programme" and "endeavor", therefore it might not apply to all subjects and even if it does there was no mention of "we will definitely have given out all decisions" plus the fact that decisions can still be made at a later day if possible. :smile:

Thanks :smile: I actually saw this email posted here a few days ago, but if I'm correct it was a reply to an applicant for History.
I applied to the college of science and engineering, namely for geography. I didn't hear anything from that college though. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending