Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Even Shockzz, who hates me, had to acknowledge that what i said was correct - he even said that you were wrong to call people stupid who agreed with the thread starter that "the war was for oil and materialsm."

It isn't stupid, its a valid opinion.
    a stupid one at that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    Well anyways, nice to see we have a debatant here who woudl prefer a dictatorship to a democracy.
    That would depend... who qouted Maquiavelo before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Idol)
    That's why the Soviert regime collapsed? I didn't knew it ... well you can learn something new everyday ...
    And that's a good thing? Collapsing the Soviet regime?
    Well, I prefer it to US regime.
    Then you've obviously never lived under it, try telling that to average poor ******* who lived under communism. You can test it today by checking the standard of living of the average north korean or chinese person. In both cases, the average is terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Intermittent)
    Invading isn't stealing unless you keep it, which they won't. Oil? Firstly it'll make thousands of jobs, second do you believe the people got any benefit from the oil under saddam?
    Saddam burnt so many oil wells, even Kashmir had black snow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    Pinochet may have been a bad man but what he did to the economy of Chile was amazing. They now have growth and a stable economy... none of which can be said about Argentina
    Well, then Hitler was a great man with that in mind ......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    a stupid one at that.
    Lol. Well said.

ReputationRep:
    Goodnight all, I am going now. Thanks for a great discussion.

ReputationRep:
    nice to see that ppl can do the arguing for me...and let me waste some more posts on pointless things like this....

*relaxes*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Lol. Well said.
    You can't compare Hitler with Pinochet.. he didn't try to esterminate and entire race.. he just silenced his opposition.. and the US supported him

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Well said.
    Not really, if people share that view then there must be decent enough arguments for it to be deemed correct by those who support it.

ReputationRep:
    Goodnight all, I am going now. Thanks for a great discussion.
    Yes, next time I won't repeat myself to those who close their mind quite blatantly. Isn't worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    You can't compare Hitler with Pinochet.. he didn't try to esterminate and entire race.. he just silenced his opposition.. and the US supported him
    They were both dictators and murderers ... yes, US supported him and all the regimes in Latin America ....

I'm going to sleep, if someone wants to say something else the pm is there, else have a nice day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Not really, if people share that view then there must be decent enough arguments for it to be deemed correct by those who support it.
    eh? i think thats our point. the "US is defending the oil rigs and not the people" is void of all argument.

ReputationRep:
    Now...please would some other sane person agree with me before I go crazy!
    i was, on the basis of human rights violations, however, that happens to NOT be the platform the administration took, and i am now feeling betrayed that bush LIED to me......

thus said, i am now a dean fan!

ReputationRep:
    I like dean too, but it looks like Kerry's going to win, in which case I think I'd rather have Bush again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    i was, on the basis of human rights violations, however, that happens to NOT be the platform the administration took, and i am now feeling betrayed that bush LIED to me......

thus said, i am now a dean fan!
    Why waste your vote on dean when everyone knows kerry has already won

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    eh? i think thats our point. the "US is defending the oil rigs and not the people" is void of all argument.
    But later on she made it quite clear that she felt those who agreed that america's actions on Iraq were not justified, were stupid, just ebcause their opinion differed - despite it being a valid argument and can be well backed up.

She further expressed this when I chatted to her, she infact said "you only say that because its an asian thing" - if we're gonna be picky like you are (purposely so you avoid teh core point of what i say, i may add) then thats ridiculous as well.

Although the point of the matter is - People will always have differing opinions, but neither is stupid if both can be justified and argued well - as is the case in the iraq war.

Its a simple concept to understand, and its one that the education system values entirely.

Thats all i have to say. (for the 10th time)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    Why waste your vote on dean when everyone knows kerry has already won
    kerry is a hypocrite and an idiot.....

i would rather have bush than kerry......

for example, him coming out and saying he had moral character and all that......NEWS FLASH! the man has a mistress....

and its NOT OVER YET!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Intermittent)
    I like dean too, but it looks like Kerry's going to win, in which case I think I'd rather have Bush again.
    I must say I do nto have that much against Kerry. I actually think it could be good if you got a democratic president in teh US as it would then not be so much pride in it for France and Germany not to cooperate with the US about Iraq.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    for example, him coming out and saying he had moral character and all that......NEWS FLASH! the man has a mistress....
    Well at least he is living liek a president ...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.