This discussion is closed.
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Intermittent)
Exactly

Such is the same for a place like Iraq during Saddam's time. He had plenty of resources to feed his people, despite sanctions, but he chose not to.
Yeah, he made palaces for himself while his country starved.
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Now...please would some other sane person agree with me before I go crazy!
i agree.
Adhsur
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
Yes, they had a few mistakes like killing British soldiers, destroying the hotel 'palestina' where were a lot of journalists and killing Jose Couso.
I'm speaking comparatively.

Which is better, a few killed accidentally in the process of a good cause or thousands killed deliberately to please Saddam's warped mind?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Jesus christ do you not ever understand anything I say?

You are for the war in iraq, others are not - thats differing opinions of which both have arguments for.

But it is not right to say "those who disagree are stupid" - thats not an opinion, its hypocritical and there is no basis to call people stupud because they have differing opinions.

Both opinions can be backed up, therefore it is not justifiable to say "those who disagree with me are stupid".

BTW - If I called you stupid you would start screaming at me now, notice how I just explain the principle of having differing opinions.
thats all very nice, but her comments referred to some particular statements and not those who happen to disagree with the conflict. i think you should apologise.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Jonatan)
Really? So if you were under a cruel dictatorship like Saddams, and some democratic country invaded and took controll , you would blow up your fellow country men which were cooperating with the invading country? Tell me , who do you support in this, The Iraqi people or Saddams old regime. I get the feeling you are just in her for the sake of saying how bad the US is...
Do you want to hear the answer? Are you ready?
Under the Spanish domination my country was invaded two times by England; Spain was in a very bad shape and didn't do anything to defend us. We fried British troops! With hot oil!

That's what we did, and that's what I would do anytime if my country gets invaded again.
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah, he made palaces for himself while his country starved.
I agree.
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Which is better, a few killed accidentally in the process of a good cause or thousands killed deliberately to please Saddam's warped mind?
You've got to also consider the oppurtunity cost of the war. If there had not been a war, a similar amount of money, time and effort could have been put towards another cause.
Adhsur
Rep:
?
(Original post by vienna95)
thats all very nice, but her comments referred to some particular statements and not those who happen to disagree with the conflict. i think you should apologise.
Thank you
Adhsur
Rep:
?
(Original post by kildare)
You've got to also consider the oppurtunity cost of the war. If there had not been a war, a similar amount of money, time and effort could have been put towards another cause.
Somehow I can't think of a better cause. Enlighten me.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Albert Einstein)
Bush and Blair agree with you. However, once anti-war Kerry replaces Bush, Blair will stand alone as the poodle he is.
if he stood alone he wouldnt be a poodle..idiot.

when Kerry replaces Bush....in which lifetime!?
Jonatan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes definitely.

I think that if the US wanted to destroy the country, they could have easily. But they targeted their bombs precisely, gave aid to the needy and made sure tehre were limited people affected. The media like exaggerating civililan casualties but really tehre were hardly any compared to teh hundreds/thousands saddam had deliberately tortured and would have done in future. If people understood how bad Saddam was maybe they'd see *shrug*.

I think the war WASN'T for money, power, anything...it was for humanity.
I dont think teh US government really cared about Saddam. They want to prevent a new 11/9. As for peoples opinion I think most people know how bad saddam was. Thats not the point. People have this almost fanatic pasifistic view, that whatever offensive action the US chose to take it is wrong, per definition. Not because the outcome is bad, but because it is the US. I remember during teh invasion of Afghanistan a major newspaper reported that the objection to the US invasion of Afghanistan was greater in Norway than Afghanistan itself. It is "hip" to be anti american these days. Globalisation, capitalism and the US is blamed for whatever problem there is. At the same time people forget that it was American scientist who detected the climate problems with industrial pollution (regarding ozon layer and global warming) and the US also pay out enourmuous sums of foreign aid. It is however "hip" to be against the powerful administration. It is the sort of immature rebellious attitude that causes this, not any particular lack of knowledge about the cruelty of Saddams regime.
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Under the Spanish domination my country was invaded two times by England; Spain was in a very bad shape and didn't do anything to defend us. We fried British troops! With hot oil!

That's what we did, and that's what I would do anytime if my country gets invaded again.
Hmmmm, you sound like you don't like the British?

Incidentally, I think I'm probably one of the only ones of a muslim background who agree with the war. Perhaps muslims see it generally as an attack against muslims and not against evil people, in which case they are so mistaken.
pedy1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

The lifetime when Howard beats Blair
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Somehow I can't think of a better cause. Enlighten me.
Providing clean water, basic sanitation and education to the world's poor would be a start.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't kiss my wife for a benefit.
she blows you off for fun?
Nima
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i talked to her on msn, she made it clear that she felt that those who wer against the war on iraq were stupid. (like the thread starter felt)

I still stand by that - I won't apologise for accepting the fact that people have differing opinions.
Jonatan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

And I suppose you have some argument inb favour of this attitude?
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Really! I agree, it's not going to happen.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hmmmm, you sound like you don't like the British?

Incidentally, I think I'm probably one of the only ones of a muslim background who agree with the war. Perhaps muslims see it generally as an attack against muslims and not against evil people, in which case they are so mistaken.
No, no, I'm in a British forum and I'm studying in the Open University.
That's the only example of my country being invaded and that's just what happened.
Nima
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
thats all very nice.
Indeed, it is...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1629)
78.92%
Leave (435)
21.08%

Watched Threads