The Student Room Group

Good psychology insurance choice university?

Hey.. :smile:

I recieved my AS results a couple of months ago, and am now looking to apply to university. I got ACC in my courses but I'm going to re-sit both C's. I'm predicted AAB-ABB but I can't really find a good insurance choice for psychology. Right now, I have Sheffield, Sussex and Staffordshire(insurance), but I need one with ABB and another with BBB (or close to these). I'm not looking to go too far from London, as in Scotland or Wales, but if anyone has any idea of a good university to use as an insurance choice, it would be great! :biggrin:

Thank youu.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Zahra..

I recieved my AS results a couple of months ago, and am now looking to apply to university. I got ACC in my courses but I'm going to re-sit both C's. I'm predicted AAB-ABB but I can't really find a good insurance choice for psychology. Right now, I have Birmingham, Sussex and Staffordshire(insurance), but I need one with ABB and another with BBB (or close to these). I'm not looking to go too far, as in Scotland or Wales, but if anyone has any idea of a good university to use as an insurance choice, it would be great! :biggrin:

Thank youu.

I'm going to suggest Hull, purely because I went there and it's awesome. BBC requirement
Reply 2
Original post by Zahra..

I recieved my AS results a couple of months ago, and am now looking to apply to university. I got ACC in my courses but I'm going to re-sit both C's. I'm predicted AAB-ABB but I can't really find a good insurance choice for psychology. Right now, I have Sheffield, Sussex and Staffordshire(insurance), but I need one with ABB and another with BBB (or close to these). I'm not looking to go too far from London, as in Scotland or Wales, but if anyone has any idea of a good university to use as an insurance choice, it would be great! :biggrin:

Thank youu.

Bangor University, because it's quite good psychology department and a relative of mine is a professor there !

Hull would also be a very good choice !!
Plymouth? The psychology department is really good and the university invests a hell of a lot into it. It's a bit away from London, but no further than Sheffield/Staffs (closer, actually). It has an opportunity for a sandwich year, too, and it's BBB. I'm biased, clearly, but other BBB/BBC universities that spring to mind would be Bangor or Bath Spa, but it depends what sort of lifestyle you want - city, quiet etc.
Lincoln BBB requirement, it won the award for best in the UK in 2010, and i'm really enjoying it!
Reply 5
Manchester is ABB IF you have 2 sciences...
UEA is ABB
as is Oxford Brookes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest